• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Medical

gabzo

Inactive
Reaction score
Hey,

So this is more of a sharing my thoughts post because I need it. It wasn't an easy day.

So basically I had my medical exam as well as my interview today. The interview was easy enough. It was mostly if you're a decent human being and if you're the type who gets drunk or if you're someone that the CAF wants representing them. I was surprised there where no tough questions and it went smoothly. Went over the pay and everything made sure the whole process is clear

Then I had a break, and it was....THE Medical

So apparently, I have more problems then what I know of. I thought I just had allergies which was my worry...now yes it's my BIGGEST worry because even if the allergy is of a food not so common (lentils), I understand their concern.

So he asked if I wanted to proceed, basically, I'll have to do a food challenge test. What that means is, for the first time in maybe 20 years (yeah it was before I can remember) I have to try lentils if I die...I won't be accepted. OK, an exaggeration...I will be watched closely and have a medical team make sure I don't die. I have other allergies but of unknown or no severity.

That is already a hurdle in and of itself....but then I learned that I have 4 other things to worry about:
-Flat foot
-Scoliosis (never knew I had that)
-narrowed base of the esophagus
-suicidal thoughts in the past. (family related)
-Plus the 2 normal tests for aircrew. My vision apparently being not great when my doctor not to long ago said it was perfectly fine when I went to see him because I saw less good.

So basically, after all of this...and my ASC coming up. I have the choice to continue or withdraw. What do I chose? continue.

Is it me who is crazy? I feel like the worst that comes out of it is that I'm formally refused and I know what issues I have, and can work on them to improve quality of life in the future. I feel it gives me an excuse to make sure I see those doctors for things I didn't have.

Or maybe I'm crazy.... but yeah wanted to share that didn't know where to do it.

Well number one, if you wanted advice of experienced Forces members you should have posted this in the Enrolment Medical Thread that thread can be found through this link: https://army.ca/forums/index.php/board,72.0.html

Also if you do proceed to that thread you will find alot of other threads surrounding the topics you have disclosed to us.

All in all my friend it is not us who can make the decision for you, this one is up to you, all we ask is that you check out the Enrolment Medical thread!

Best of Luck!

Hey, I did read the thread but that's mostly for advice in which, honestly reading through it, I get it...there is no advice to give :p It was more just, I don't know, me wanting an outlet of my day. I just didn't feel the thread was for that and I have no real question to be answer and don't want to clog up the thread for a non question.

But thanks :D

Back