• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Medical Services Reserve Question

Kurns

Inactive
Reaction score
(I apologize in advance if this question has been asked before. I’ve tried to the best of my abilities to find an appropriate post covering the situation on both the government site as well as this board yet I’ve had little luck finding anything.)

I’m currently a 17 year old student looking to join my area’s health services reserve unit (The 15th (Edmonton) Field Ambulance). My question is whether, to join the health reserve, I need to be older (not a legal minor), concerning that I will be participating  in medical procedures and activities. Also, just for clarifications sake, army medical paramedics are included in the health services reserves (I believe think they are)?

Again I apologize if my question seems redundant.

Generally the limiting factor is the education requirements (biology with chemistry or physics) when applying for the medical reserves.  So long as you meet the minimum application requirements for the forces, and the education requirements for the medical reserves, you are eligible to apply for the medical reserves.  As far as paramedicine in the reserves is concerned, unless you are a paramedic prior to entering the reserves (which is not in your case, seeing as how you are 17 and most programs require you be at least 18 years of age),  it is not a qualification you receive serving with a reserve unit except in certain situations.  On another note, you should contact a recruiter to find out if there is any positions available for the Edmonton field ambulance, just so you don't get your hopes up only to be informed that you may be in for a wait. 

Back