• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Medical records from Role 3

RobA

Inactive
Reaction score
Anyone know if they keep good medical records there? When I was chopper ed in there, I don't recall (I was kind of put of it). Seems like it was a mishmash of nationalities, I think the ppl taking care of me were mostly American.

I was awarded a disability award, but I think that was based on the CF 98 I filled out and a statement by my warrant.

Recently applied for the CIB,  but I wonder if they have the medical records necessary to meet the criteria (even though I think I do, was in intensive care at role 3 for just over a week). And if there IS no records beyond my CF 98, that's not exactly my fault. Making sure my injuries were fully documented was not exactly high on my list of priorities at that time.

It would just be like VAC to deny me for lack of documentation.

What point in time are we talking about. Canada ran the Role 3 for much of the time we were there. If you were in ICU while the Role 3 was under Canadian command, then your medical records shoud be quite comprehensive.

I was in Role 3 in November 2007, and VAC have all the records from my time there, and haven't had issues other than one x-ray that got lost getting data.
In November 07 it was under the command of a Canadian Major, i cant remember his name but I think was there for a long time, like 3 or 4 regular tours worth.

RobA said:
January 2007

So, to answer the first question... Canada was in charge. That means the second question is that your medical records should be on your CF2034, which should be available to VAC.

I should caution you that NOW IS NOT THE TIME to submit a request under the Privacy Act for your records. You will only start a tug of war between the various agencies that need your file. Wait until the VAC decision is rendered and then make your request. You should have the opportunity to contest VAC's decsion if you want to.

Once you get your decision, you should enlist the aid of a Legion Service Officer. AFAIK, you don't actually have to belong to the Legion to do this, although I could be wrong here.

ModlrMike said:
Once you get your decision, you should enlist the aid of a Legion Service Officer. AFAIK, you don't actually have to belong to the Legion to do this, although I could be wrong here.

They'll work with you even if you're not a member, just have to call their office and send in an authority for them to act on your behalf so VAC will send the file to them. I had one of my decisions reviewed by them.

Back