• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Medical/Interview Cancelled

MacIssac

Inactive
Reaction score
This might get locked and I'm sorry in advance to the staff/moderators however I went in on Friday march 14th to fix my application (wrong trades were on my application for some reason) that afternoon the recruitment office was able to get me a date in April for my medical and interview. When i woke up the next morning, i had got an email saying my appointment was cancelled. My only assumption is that maybe they are waiting for after April 1st, (new fiscal year) to call me back ? any thing like this happen  to anyone before? I will sit patiently until i get the call but even my brother (who is in the forces) found it weird.

thank you in advance

(Edited for spelling)

That's very weird and I would be not very happy if I was you, but what can you do I guess it happens. They might be waiting for your presec to come through because I was told that in order to even schedule your interview and medical that has to go through first. I would call and ask why it was cancelled.

I spoke to my file manager the day before i went in to fix my trade choices, and he said i was on the list to be called after April 1st for medical and interview which keeps having me think that they are more then likely waiting for after April 1st (new fiscal year) however my file manager is changing in April as the current one will be leaving the detachment in April. I am not overly worried about it but of course as most applicants over thinking things can happen lol I just assumed it was the trade choices they had down (ones not in demand nor ones i had applied for back in Jan) that had kept myself until April to get the call for medical and interview, but you may be right it could be the pre security clearance. I just figured they wouldn't had given myself a date on Friday without seeing my presec has not gone through already.

There are 101 benign reasons why it could have been cancelled from someone involved being on course, on leave or otherwise double booked.  If I got choked every time I had an appointment rescheduled......  Give them some time to get it sorted out.  There is no indication of a problem other then the fact someone had to reschedule.  If, as you say, the appt was made all that quick it's possible that someone later went "no, wait....the Doctor is not in that day".

Schindler's Lift said:
There are 101 benign reasons why it could have been cancelled from someone involved being on course, on leave or otherwise double booked.  If I got choked every time I had an appointment rescheduled......  Give them some time to get it sorted out.  There is no indication of a problem other then the fact someone had to reschedule.  It, as you say, the appt was made all that quick it's possible that someone later went "no, wait....the Doctor is not in that day".
That's what i figured - i was just overly excited to get the date for medical and interview. However again not beat up for the fact i have to get another date - just going to stay positive and keep active for when eventually (if everything works out) head to BMQ

Back