• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

medical history

I've talked to a number of psychotic people that didn't believe they were...in fact, did a couple times today.

Just Devil's advocate here, if you failed to show enough motivation to not be enrolled in a conscriptive Armed Force, what makes you think you'll show up with any in Recruit School for the CAF?
I never had any symptoms.

As for the Army, didn’t really bother doing the exercices while in Norway. Didn’t show any motivation as it was a mandatory thing. Only recently have I considered joining the CAF. Thinking photography or intelligence? Asked for infantry but that was because my recruiter pushed it on me…

Back to psychosis. I wrote non threatening emails explaining my life to the dean and a student association. Wanted to transfer credits, tried to join the drama group and the national improvisation league. I used to to have a very good relationship with my principal at my high school. So mush as to eat with him for lunch and manage stuff for him because I speak German. I did translations and tutoring for his private school.

When I left the structure I intended to try economics as he had been my economics teacher and proved to be a good influence. I lasted one day in economics because I don’t really like mathematics and there was a lot of econometrics in that degree. Switched to philosophy. Accused my ex of harassment. Spent Christmas alone for the first time in my life. Was 23 and alone in Paris. Saw an ad on a website for a business school. Went for the exam, started classes in business management. Felt more at ease with macro and micro economics.

Went back to Montreal for Christmas at 24. Was getting decent grades.

Got my carte bleue stolen at some point, lost money and kept getting harassed and bullied by my ex.

My mother had to to intervene by travelling to Paris.

Moved to Tromsø and lived with my aunt. Tried drama. Got a visit from my ex. Accused her of harassing me again. The police didn’t care… Slowly I fell into depression…

Moved back to Montreal.
Enrolled for a Shakespeare class in French. Registered for a law certificate and after a couple of months I get accused of harassing administrators at University. Tried to explain it was trauma related because of my ex. They laughed it off. The rest was written about in original thread…

I've talked to a number of psychotic people that didn't believe they were...in fact, did a couple times today.

Just Devil's advocate here, if you failed to show enough motivation to not be enrolled in a conscriptive Armed Force, what makes you think you'll show up with any in Recruit School for the CAF?
I never had any symptoms.

As for the Army, didn’t really bother doing the exercices while in Norway. Didn’t show any motivation as it was a mandatory thing. Only recently have I considered joining the CAF. Thinking photography or intelligence? Asked for infantry but that was because my recruiter pushed it on me…

Back to psychosis. I wrote non threatening emails explaining my life to the dean and a student association. Wanted to transfer credits, tried to join the drama group and the national improvisation league. I used to to have a very good relationship with my principal at my high school. So mush as to eat with him for lunch and manage stuff for him because I speak German. I did translations and tutoring for his private school.

When I left the structure I intended to try economics as he had been my economics teacher and proved to be a good influence. I lasted one day in economics because I don’t really like mathematics and there was a lot of econometrics in that degree. Switched to philosophy. Accused my ex of harassment. Spent Christmas alone for the first time in my life. Was 23 and alone in Paris. Saw an ad on a website for a business school. Went for the exam, started classes in business management. Felt more at ease with macro and micro economics.

Went back to Montreal for Christmas at 24. Was getting decent grades.

Got my carte bleue stolen at some point, lost money and kept getting harassed and bullied by my ex.

My mother had to to intervene by travelling to Paris.

Moved to Tromsø and lived with my aunt. Tried drama. Got a visit from my ex. Accused her of harassing me again. The police didn’t care… Slowly I fell into depression…

Moved back to Montreal.
Enrolled for a Shakespeare class in French. Registered for a law certificate and after a couple of months I get accused of harassing administrators at University. Tried to explain it was trauma related because of my ex. They laughed it off. The rest was written about in original th
Have you applied yet?
Yes. Got 65% on my CFAT. Was accepted into infantry. I have medical and interview on january 26…

Will ask for intelligence or photography. Depending where I’m accepted?

It seems as if you are minimizing a very serious issue.

None of what you are saying addresses the fact that you clearly indicated you were found NCR for an offence, and that you were 'liberated by the RBMD' after three years. As I mentioned earlier, NCR is very rarely successful as a defence, because the burden to meet is so high, and it is done after serious review by Psychiatrists from the Crown and the Defence. I am assuming that RBMD is the Review Board For Mental Disorder. They determine when a person can be discharged and if it is with/without conditions. Maybe this is just a language thing, but were you held in a psychiatric facility for three years?

If you fail to disclose this to the Recruiting Centre, and disclose your other medical/mental health issues during your medical you will be attempting to join under false pretenses. Once it is discovered, and having seen thousands of releases over the years it will eventually be discovered, you will be released as an irregular enrolment.

The charges were fabricated and the human rights commission is investigating.

No I was first found responsible by a male psychiatrist and then not responsible by a female psychiatrist. I guess there might have been a perception bias here!

I spent 3 years being followed by a mental health clinic who did a terrible job. They lied in their reports and wrote stuff that wasn’t utterly untrue. Such as me hearing voices and being paranoid when I clearly never was…

It was all a big mess.

@paalerik your being way to open with your personal information on here. Keep these things to yourself, there is no requirement to discuss any of it with us.
Yes I have that thing where I naively trust people with my thoughts. Might be a bit Asperger’s after all…

Yes I have that thing where I naively trust people with my thoughts. Might be a bit Asperger’s after all…
Yes and people are unkind, they won't understand your situation and they will just think you're a screw up.

So keep these things to yourself, don't even bother trying to explain things to anyone, especially on the internet.

Go through the application process, if there are issues, the recruiters will let you know.

step 1 ) stop explaining yourself here, most likely no one here has the answers you want to hear or need to hear
step 2) go to a recruiting center, ask the questions, listen to the answers, go home and think about what the recruiter said to you
step 3) look for the practice tests on line, and the sites explain how the questions work, if the military moves your file forward, and if you pass the medical.
step 4) go do the test, pass the test, see your score and see what trades you are offered.
step 4) decide on a trade and see when your enrolment date is
step 5) show up on that date and get sworn in
step 6) realize the work and commitment level required from you is heavy, recruit school is a 24/7 operation. The staff controls your sleep time, wake time, meal time and everything else during those weeks at the school. You have little to no say on anything. Your days are set and they expect you to show up each day with your game face and brain turned on to perform as required.
step 7) pass recruit school and get ready for the next stage of military life

and for the record, every intelligence person I know never started in the trade they were remusters and the Int group went looking for them. So do not expect to get that trade just because you want it.
Photo Tech, you are going up against other people with college level photo art courses as their background. So be prepared to work extra hard.

Back