• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

medical and physical

burzin

Inactive
Reaction score
hey guys im going to be doing my physical soon and im prepared for it except i am a little bit worried about the 2.4 kms running, does anyone know how many laps around a normal soccer field (u know the ones besides schools) would 2.4 kms be?
thnx
burzin

That depends, how long is the track you plan to run on?  Did you think about asking at the athletic department of the school?

Most tracks are 400 m so six times around.  Remember the 2.4 kms is only a guide and you do the step test for your recruiting fitness test so if you are within your time for your age group then you should do fine on the step test.

My CFRC has informed me that since last Thursday there are no more PT tests for Reg Force applicants.

kincanucks;

Please confirm or deny the above post.  What is the world coming to? 

Thanks

scoutfinch said:
kincanucks;

Please confirm or deny the above post.  What is the world coming to? 

Thanks

I will check with my old CFRC but it sounds bogus to me.

I had to check this one myself, and I called my local MFRC.

It's a rumour. You are still required to pass the PT test at the MFRC before being sent on. If you fail your PT test in St Jean, Borden, Gagetown, or Meaford, you are immediately thrown into Holding Platoon. You will not be allowed on Course until you pass the PT test.

I called my CFRC to see if I can setup an appointment for the PT test. That is when they told me the test was dropped since last Thursday. If it is only at the rumint stage, it wouldn't be the first time my CFRC is providing me with inaccurate information.

ark said:
I called my CFRC to see if I can setup an appointment for the PT test. That is when they told me the test was dropped since last Thursday. If it is only at the rumint stage, it wouldn't be the first time my CFRC is providing me with inaccurate information.

really  ??? i talked to my CFRC to set an appointment for the PT and i got one... so i got to do the PT...

My CFRC told me that as of 1 Oct, PT tests are no longer required as part of the application process.  I have a CT in, so not sure if it is only applicable for transfers or not.  I am headed down there this week, so I will see if they have any further information, especially a reference, for this.

Note: I am not trying to continue along a rumour path here, but just stating what I have been told.  I have sent an email to CFRC requesting clarification, but received nothing back.

I did my PT test 1 week ago at CFRC Barrie. Why would they take it out? It's not hard, but important, we don't need really out of shape people sitting around in a holding platoon until they can finally pass it.

I was also told they are taking it out.  and if you fail in basic....they work you harder till you pass.  weird huh?

STOP posting rumours........unless you work at a CFRC or have the official policy to post.....find a new hobby

thnx for all the help guys i finished my pt today and i passed it, now im just gonna be waiting to be sworn in. QOR  :salute:  :)

Three different recruiters told me that the PT test is now right before recruit training and doesn't take place at the recruiting centre.

CF Recruiting Web site will be updated shortly (i.e, Mon 2 Oct ) to confirm that PT test will henceforth NOT be conducted before enrolment in the Regular Force. CFLRS will be responsible for assisting new recruits in improving their physical fitness level so that they have a better chance of passing the PT test before beginning basic training. This is part of the strategy to streamline and accelerate applicant processing in the Regular Force. Passing the PT test remains an important pre-requisite to successfully completing basic training in the Regular Force.

On the subject of medical issues, do the Canadian armed forces exclude people who wear orthodics? I'm asking because I had my medical last week, and they basically wanted to know if I could do the training course without orthodics... which I can't. They asked me to get my podiatrist to fill out a form, and of course he says the same thing. Does anybody know - am I disqualified?

Mileender said:
On the subject of medical issues, do the Canadian armed forces exclude people who wear orthodics? I'm asking because I had my medical last week, and they basically wanted to know if I could do the training course without orthodics... which I can't. They asked me to get my podiatrist to fill out a form, and of course he says the same thing. Does anybody know - am I disqualified?

Yes you are because like the rest of the members of this forum I am a qualified medical doctor and can make anonymous decisions like this all the time.

or

Your individual medical fitness to join the CF can only be determined by the recruiting medical process and not through the experiences of others.  Wait and see.

HH

As of yesterday when I went in to my local CFRC to drop off my application package, I was surprised to learn that the PT test was "no longer."

HI guys just sent off my application and was also told that PT is not included.  they even told me to take that part of the application and put an x through it.

Back