• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

medical and formal Interview

GraemeCaughill

Inactive
Reaction score
Hey everyone, my medical and interview has been booked for the 10Th of April.
my question is, is it normal to have both in the same day? if not, could my application process have been sped up?
i have showed my enthusiasm to the max and expressed my hopes to get to training as soon as possible, so i will definitely be happy to hear if they are pushing me along.

any thoughts or advice is greatly appreciated, as well as possible known dates for recruits to head to st. jeans sur Richelieu in the coming months.

thanks again!

Graeme

Mac Isaac said:
Did they book you today?
i was booked in on the 14th of March. i was told by the Sgt. at CFRC Hamilton to call within a month of my aptitude test. i called and i had been placed in career management and they booked both my medical and my Job Interview for me on the spot.

it may be unrealistic but it would be amazing to make the April 28th Rotation, if my information is correct on that last date.

It is normal to get both of them booked on the same day, your application isn't sped up or anything. Having showed enthousiasm and wanting to get training asap have nothing to do with it.

Its a normal thing to have them booked on the same date, only reason I asked was I had to same dates booked for medical and interview on april 10th and they had to cancel on me I just figured they over booked me lol im going to go in tomorrow since my file manager switches as of april lol

fair enough, well i haven't been informed on a switch so its steady as she goes so far.
i certainly didn't think my application was receiving special attention but the hopes of early travel I'm sure is on every new recruits mind. as we all are patiently waiting lol
I realize the time from interview to merit list and ceremony vary but could i expect a lesser wait time for these than between my CFAT and medical test?

thanks for the replies!

Mac Isaac said:
Its a normal thing to have them booked on the same date, only reason I asked was I had to same dates booked for medical and interview on april 10th and they had to cancel on me I just figured they over booked me lol im going to go in tomorrow since my file manager switches as of april lol

hope that doesn't delay your application! best of luck.

many tightropes to walk across lol.

I wouldnt count on it being faster than tha wait you had between medical and cfat. After youre medical they have to send your file to Ottawa to be reviewed right there it could take between 2 weeks and 2 months nobody knows, then if you are sucessfull on your interview and your medical is cleared you get on the merit list then its wait time for selection date for the trade you chose. There is selection on April 21 but there is slim to none chance for you to be on the merit list before so you will have to wait until another selection occur which can again be couple weeks after the 21 or couple months, again you can ask your recruitment center about selection date or ask DAA, he knows those kind of things. So yeah you will still have to sharpen your patience hurry and wait  :salute: good luck with everything.

Jayjaycf said:
I wouldnt count on it being faster than tha wait you had between medical and cfat. After youre medical they have to send your file to Ottawa to be reviewed right there it could take between 2 weeks and 2 months nobody knows, then if you are sucessfull on your interview and your medical is cleared you get on the merit list then its wait time for selection date for the trade you chose. There is selection on April 21 but there is slim to none chance for you to be on the merit list before so you will have to wait until another selection occur which can again be couple weeks after the 21 or couple months, again you can ask your recruitment center about selection date or ask DAA, he knows those kind of things. So yeah you will still have to sharpen your patience hurry and wait  :salute: good luck with everything.

Great information, thank you!
I most certainly have been getting good at waiting, and soon to be better haha.
The Sgt. told me himself that there was a small chance that i could make the April rotation but as you said the wait times for my clearance from Ottawa will most def inhibit that as well as my wait time on the merit list.
I can just hope for the best on the 10th and go from there.

thanks again!

GraemeCaughill said:
hope that doesn't delay your application! best of luck.

many tightropes to walk across lol.

Thank you lol - i booked my tests the same day you did.  I want to go in, since my file manager left on leave for April 1st, prob a good idea to introduce myself to the next file manager taking over all his files.

The good thing i see from all of this is at least Hamilton is keeping things moving along. Best of luck on the rest of your application  :salute:

Mac Isaac said:
Thank you lol - i booked my tests the same day you did.  I want to go in, since my file manager left on leave for April 1st, prob a good idea to introduce myself to the next file manager taking over all his files.

The good thing i see from all of this is at least Hamilton is keeping things moving along. Best of luck on the rest of your application  :salute:

As far as i can see Hamilton has been moving well, the day of my CFAT 4 people didnt show up and one reschedule. so i wrote it with about 5 others. so there must be a decent amount of interest.
Hopefully you will get your reschedule and back on track with them. I would keep calling as much as possible. it would be unfortunate if your trades were filled because of the wrong information on your application.

thanks again, and i wish the same to you. good luck!

Yes, it is normal to have your medical and interview on the same date. You're no special snowflake to the army so no matter how enthusiastic you are that's not going to change their decision on taking you on or not or speed the process for you individually. Rather you should be knowledgeable of the trade(s) you are applying for. Be sure to call your recruiter every week to ensure that your file is in good order and up to date. Sometimes mistakes are made on your file and they push it aside and move on because there is no time to go looking around for you to fix it. It's persistence that gets you in. If you do not make it this time, then apply again. As for a date- my friend is graduating basic on the 17th of this month, which only makes me assume the 18th they will be taking on more recruits. But the calls for that should have gone out the first week of the month already.

Good luck.

Back