• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Medal identification

dogger1936

Inactive
Reaction score
Looking to identify the medal next to the golden Jubilee  medal. Searched the DDHR site to no avail. Wondering if someone here knows what it is.

wlwtwp.png

thanks in advance.

Do not know it, but it appears to have two shaking hands on it.  I thought she was a CF retiree where's the CD?

I believe it's the Saskatchewan Centennial medal. Details here: CHA

fraserdw said:
Do not know it, but it appears to have two shaking hands on it.  I thought she was a CF retiree where's the CD?

She did not complete 12 years service. IIRC she served as a WREN in the 70's for a short time.

fraserdw said:
I thought she was a CF retiree where's the CD?

She probably didn't serve the 12 years required to get it.

As you can tell I've been diving into the legion just to see who is standing there to represent us.  I've been finding a common thing here where I recognize one or two commemoration medals and one vague one I've never seen before. Request some help again....this will make a nice picture depicting who is representing the legion to govt on our behalf once I'm done.

346wabs.jpg

What is the medal far right in photo?

Got it before me!  Keep up the pictures, I find it interesting the RCL's upper elite cannot muster up even a single CD!

I remember in the early eighties when the RCL called us "CF retirees" as if we were some lower form of military life.

fraserdw said:
Got it before me!  Keep up the pictures, I find it interesting the RCL's upper elite cannot muster up even a single CD!

I remember in the early eighties when the RCL called us "CF retirees" as if we were some lower form of military life.

Funny how there's a whole slew of members on here who are convinced they are much better soldiers than any member of the Legion.

Please, tell me what her story is as you seem to be intimately familiar of it and worthy of judging her. Was she one of those WRENs who was injured and unceremoniously booted out of the CF prior to her 12 years of service --- one of those ones who then fought for us so that the same damn thing didn't continue to happen? Was she someone who inhereted over 10K and thus was unceremoniously booted out of the CF as used to be the common practise who has since fought to have such archaic rules corrected? Or one who was unceremoniously booted out after having a child - also an archaic rule of yesteryear that pers have fought to change for us?

Please advise as to why, all of a sudden, today's soldier suddenly believes that "number of years of service" means anything? No Pte's killed in WW2 are worthless because they served only a year before falling. Nor are those from Afghanistan. But, suddenly, apparently one is not a 'real' member of the CF unless they have a CD?

I've recently learned a new saying, "Hoop your forehead". Have no idea what it means, but here's to you.

_____
3 Federal parties came to an agreement on the NVA. All 3!! Unanimous consent. Two parties were snowballed (The NDP and the Cons) into believing that NVA would be BETTER for today's Vets and signed off on this non-partisan Act at the behest of the Liebrals.

ONE of those parties -supposedly the only party that cares about Vets- is now in power and certainly should not be ignorant to the error of their previous ways. We've all, including the RCL (who was also led astray), let them know that they were led astray by the big red machine. 

Best part of all is that the current "only friends of Vets" party is also in power as a majority government. And yet, they've still done SFA to sort out either VAC or the NVA. The RCL executive is voted in by it's membership and I'm guessing you ain't one. That means you shouldn't be bitching about who they elect. Especially since the REAL elected officials who can change, won't change and who helped put in place the NVA currently ALL sit in Ottawa wearing, I'm only guessing, an even smaller per capita number of CDs than RCL members. But, be sure to hell they've all got their own QDJM and 50 more each to 'present' to their friends.

If you're blaming the Legion for the NVA, you're angst is sorely misplaced. You should be bitching about that party that can and does have the power to sort it out, yet chooses not to.

I certainly did not compare my soldier skills or anyone else's soldier skills to either Legion members pictured or the Legion in general.

I was just curious as to why there are was not alot of CDs amoungst the upper crust of the RCL.  I doubt that is judgement, but is certainly interesting given that the number of retired folk there are out there with a CD.    I did relate how the general legion attitude to the seventies and eighties CF was that we were not as worthy of the title veteran as they were even if we were officially considered veterans by DVA.  As you been around a long time you will be aware that was official RCL policy until the older veterans started dying off and the coffers started suffering as a result.  I do know during my time as an "associate" member it was made clear as to what the policy was regarding CF members, in Fredericton, Trenton, Calgary, Winnipeg legions.

Does years of service mean something ...yes.  Does the quality of service mean something ....yes.  But that has nothing to do with my post. 

In a veteran's organization where so many of the branches are peopled by the children of veterans and controlled by the children of veterans who have not even able to drag themselves out to a summer of militia training, where are the CF retirees and the current veterans?

No, my post was a reasonable discussion.

2zyy7p3.jpg

More help?

Right to left: CD, Golden Jubilee, Unknown, Peacekeeper, Unknown

Any help from the medal guru's again!

Fraserdw for your info:

Aide from this gentleman there is only one CD out of all the provincial commands. All other medals are 125, jubilee,sask commerative medals, and volunteer firefighter medals.

I've been putting together a video of the "who's who" of the Royal Canadian Legion, Aside from Mr Carewe and the Sask Provincial command pres (who has a CD) no other medals are present.

I don't have an Afghanistan GCS. Am I pond scum or just regular scum ?

Royal Canadian Legion Command Presidents

1zfj0io.jpg

BC\Yukon Command President: Mr Bob Brady

Alberta Command President:
5dmb68.jpg

Saskatchewan Command President: Mrs Cherilyn Cooke (far left)

2v13whe.jpg

Manitoba NW Ontario Command President: Mr Bennett

2dvlppk.jpg

Ontario Command Command President: Mr Ed Pigeau

Quebec Command Command President: Unknown at time

24nl0.jpg

New Brunswick Command President: Mr Paul Porier

10fyyap.jpg

Nova Scotia Command President: Mrs Jean Marie Deveaux

14ltqhw.png

PEI Command President:Mrs Dianne kennedy

(posted in last pic above)