• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Med staff wearing scrub tops

Can you expand on your post so the rest of us can know what is happening and what the concern is please?

Sorry. Just notice that med staff in Shilo are wearing scrub tops at work. No concern just a curiosity thing really.

Lots of bases doing it.  Some wear full scrubs, others just the tops.  No big deal.

No big deal agreed. I don't get out much so I was curious if other bases were as well. Thanks.

I'm gonna go out on a big limb here and guess that you aren't having a terribly busy day at work today?

Are they wearing the disposable slippers, combat boots or running shoes?

I'm just asking because in Calgary, we don't even have medics...

Combat undershirt, combat pants, boots. If the lack of work comment was for me I was waiting over an hour past my appointment time so I had time to kill.

That reminds me.. does anyone else miss the V-necked t-shirts?

The wearing of scrubs has been a "Snowshoes on, snowshoes off" thing for a number of years...snowshoes are back on again I guess.

MM

When can we expect a competition for which Canadian company gets to produce inferior-quality cadpat coloured scrubs?  ;D

Sheep Dog AT said:
Combat undershirt, combat pants, boots. If the lack of work comment was for me I was waiting over an hour past my appointment time so I had time to kill.

Wasn't meant in a 'shouldn't you be working' way but more like 'you must have been bored to wonder such a thing'!!!  ;D

I know in Vancouver at the MIR they were all wearing the maroon ones.  When I asked they said they were told to so they were more identifiable.

This is a move for the medical world to go back to a clinical attire in the workplace.  Back in the day when I first joined up until the CF Hospitals closed med techs and nurses work white uniforms.  These truely sucked and were extremely difficult to keep clean .  I would rather the scrubs but I personnally hate the color which isn't refered to as maroon but Sanguine (color of blood).  These unfortunately fade over time and turn almost a pink or fushia color.  Thankfully as a PA I don't have to wear the scrubs.  The scrubs have been introduced over the past 2 years and eventually all medical clinics will wear them. 

Full scrubs in K-Town when I was in to pick up my drugs this week; maroon in colour here too.

I know it looks maroon but its actually SANGUINE.  Some folks get really bent out of shape over this. 

Kirsten Luomala said:
I know it looks maroon but its actually SANGUINE.  Some folks get really bent out of shape over this.
Apparently.  Perhaps if they were a bit more....sanguine about it.

Back