• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Meaford

cilarnen

Inactive
Reaction score
So I've never done any training courses in meaford. the only time I've ever spent there was for OP Cadence and weekend exercises. My BMQ/SQ, DP1, Drivers, OP Det member courses were all in other parts of Canada and the USA. However this summer I'm going to finally be doing a course (three courses actually) in meaford and I heard a rumor that even when your doing advanced courses (Things other than BMQ, SQ DP1) they force you to march everywhere. Is this true?

No, it's not true.  Unlike the basic courses, all candidates on the advanced courses get segways.

Technoviking said:
No, it's not true.  Unlike the basic courses, all candidates on the advanced courses get segways.

In Winnipeg they get Mo Peds.....

They have also relaxed the rules on walking on grass, and across parade squares, for short cuts.

The last timne I was there, the base chief was vehement about that, because he beleived in using the quickest and shortest route to your destination.

"Timings must be met, at all costs" is what he said.

dileas

tess

cilarnen said:
So I've never done any training courses in meaford. the only time I've ever spent there was for OP Cadence and weekend exercises. My BMQ/SQ, DP1, Drivers, OP Det member courses were all in other parts of Canada and the USA. However this summer I'm going to finally be doing a course (three courses actually) in meaford and I heard a rumor that even when your doing advanced courses (Things other than BMQ, SQ DP1) they force you to march everywhere. Is this true?

Wow imagine that....marching in the military?? Whats up with that?!??!?

the 48th regulator said:
They have also relaxed the rules on walking on grass, and across parade squares, for short cuts.

The last timne I was there, the base chief was vehement about that, because he beleived in using the quickest and shortest route to your destination.

"Timings must be met, at all costs" is what he said.

dileas

tess

I actually got jacked up in Meaford for not swaggering around smoking.  It's very twilight zone-ish.

Jim Seggie said:
In Winnipeg they get Mo Peds.....

But then again, they are Air Force.....so the young ones march. Ripley's Believe It or Not!

hehe,......last time I was there someone tried to jack me up.

"You there, what do you think you're doing?"

"What's it look like like, I'm picking mushrooms"

About that time whomever it was realized I was one of "those" Corrections-types and just drove off.  I sure hope he didn't go home and kick his dog............

If you couldn't tell from the sarcasm above, it looks like you will be marching. In meaford on most if not all courses, candiates march, staff don't have to

Lil r said:
candiates march, staff don't have to

because the're the ones you see on the segways ;D
http://www.guzer.com/videos/military-grade-segway.php

When I was in Meaford during my DP1 (roughly 6-7 months ago) we marches everywhere. But, that was DP1, it was kindove expected. I was also apart of OP Cadence, and that was a complete change for me because we were getting driven everywhere and wern't treated like no-hook privates (like I was at that time).

To be honest it all depends on who your dealing with.

cilarnen said:

Way back in the day, when I was an Artillery Reservist, I did all my training in Meaford.  I was 11th Fd myself, actually.
Sure we marched to the Galley for meals, but we always rode in the back of MLVW's to the Gun Shed for training.
"Why march, when you can drive?", my Det Cdr would say.

As platoon 2I/C last summer I chose to use vehicle transport to get in and out of the field so we could have actual training time, meet various benchmarks and return to camp with sufficient time to actually do post ex drills. The few times I felt I could get away with the time factor we did march in and out of the field.

Not marching on base is pretty ridiculous considering the short distances involved.

There is actually more involved than a desire to lay on with the belt fed, laser guided c**k (and as platoon 2I/C most of my job was sheilding the staff and candidates from the effects of such automatic fire. Thats why you won't be seeing me in Meaford again....)

The c*ck that flies around Meaford suring the summer is usually self imposed or the results of some idiotic actions by RST incremental staff. Its actually an awesome place when your permanent staff.

I was told that if you're trade qualified, you have the "previlage" to walk instead of march.
I was also jacked up hardcore after being saluted by a Sgt for walking around with a slip on that didn't have a hook because my Unit did not send me one after my DP1.

multihobbist said:
I was also jacked up hardcore after being saluted by a Sgt for walking around with a slip on that didn't have a hook because my Unit did not send me one after my DP1.

That does not make any sense as in the Regular force you must have 30 months service before you are qualified Pte Trained so it should not be a suprise to see soliders trade qualified but not considered "trained".

Multihobbist,

You have struck me in the past as a bit of story teller (I beleive very little of what you say). I am calling you on your crap story.

Well, so far in RST phase 1, I have seen the Cpls on their DP2A marching everywhere, and the rest of the courses i expected them to be doing likewise. As they are BMQ(L), and BMOQ. Expect to march, get over it, its the army, we march. The only people that doint have to march all over sunny meaford is staff(HQ/CQ guys, instructors, and driver/storeman types)

ArmyRick said:
The c*ck that flies around Meaford suring the summer is usually self imposed or the results of some idiotic actions by RST incremental staff. Its actually an awesome place when your permanent staff.

Sorry Rick. I've spent way too much time in Meaford, to buy that line. Everytime we went to Meaford it was Base staff and lodger units that were the problem, and not just in the summer time.

I suppose if you're one of them the perception is different.

Two sides of the same coin. :salute:

Back