• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Meaford Thread- Merged

Sara, He will be home on the weekends(damn fuzzy army). If he says he stuck up there for the duration he is probably cheating on you with some local beauty with more fingers than teeth getting a gum ride. They have telephones up there, let him call you. Lord knows they have enough down time.  ;D

BOOMER004 said:
Sara, He will be home on the weekends(darn fuzzy army). If he says he stuck up there for the duration he is probably cheating on you with some local beauty with more fingers than teeth getting a gum ride. They have telephones up there, let him call you. Lord knows they have enough down time.  ;D

LMAO!!!! Oh god... dont scare her!

He has access to phones, time to use them, and has access to the post. He even has access to the internet at the Canex there... so he hasnt an excuse for not contacting you.

Sh0rtbUs said:
He has access to phones, time to use them, and has access to the post. He even has access to the internet at the Canex there.
what? 'Scuse me?

Are you speaking for him?

Sh0rtbUs said:
He has access to phones, time to use them, and has access to the post. He even has access to the internet at the Canex there... so he hasnt an excuse for not contacting you.

Not everyone in Meaford gets that luxury time, lots of us have access to it, but spend most of our spare time cleaning kit and the shacks.

My Taras did come home for both weekends, he didn't call because they were running him into the ground for the first few days.  Now he calls me every day, sometimes twice, depending on how much time he has between classes or after dismissal.

No he's not cheating, he doesn't have time to, or any reason after I'm done with him on the weekends. ;D

Thanks for everyones input though.

-Sarah

So my bf is doing SQ in Meaford right now.....and I was just wondering how many weekends the reservists had off to date....for BMQ to now SQ. Reading some other people's  posts I got the impression that they had EVERY weekend off....if this is true there will have to be some explainning to so since I only saw him on two consecutive weekends in mid July. (I hope that whoever posted that was wrong cause my blood pressure went sky high when I read that!!!!)

Thanks
Tamara

honestly, no one here would be able to accurately answer that...

It would depend on which SQ course he's one (they don't just have one at a time usually). It would also depend on whether their staff has chosen to reward them by giving them their weekends, or punish them by taking them away, or whether they're just not getting them.

SQ is a tough course, so it's possible they're working....just because other guys on this site said they had their weekends off, doesn't mean your BF has his.

My best suggestion would be to email your BF, (be aware he may not get the email, no 'regular' internet access usually), write him a letter, or wait for his call.

and to tell you the truth, from my experience in SQ, he was lucky to even GET 2 consecutive weekends off.

be patient, he'll be home soon

Thanks, the reassurance is definatley appreciated. He had the 2 weekends off when he was finishing up his BMQ. I wasn't expecting to see him a lot or anything during SQ, it just sounded odd that some people get almost every weekend off and others get almost nothing.  :-\ I guess that's why I could never handle being in the army myself hahaha

If there is a serious emergency at home, is there any emergency numbers to call the meaford base with to get in contact with someone in training there?

It should still be good, the number I have for the Range Control Duty Centre is;

(519) 538-1371, ext 6568

Confirmed in Comms Annex here: http://www.army.forces.gc.ca/lfca_tc/RSOs.htm

infantrygf said:
  If there is a serious emergency at home, is there any emergency numbers to call the meaford base with to get in contact with someone in training there?

Is this a current emergency or are you just gathering info just in case?

IF there is an emergency happening now and we can help to provide any info you require let us know but paerhaps PM a staff member, rather thqan post it publicly.

Just a thought

Cheers

Slim

We currently live in Valcartier and are getting posted to Meaford next summer.  What is it like out there? Is there any PMQ's? what is the real estate market like? Are there any french schools? 

Thank you in advance for the responses.

Jewls said:
Is there any PMQ's?

According to the CFHA Website, no, there are not any Q's there.

Here is the link for MFRC Meaford.  You should be able to find out some of your answers there.  As well, I suggest that you contact them for a welcome package, or to have them provide you with some contacts in the area to get you a headstart on some of your planning.

Also try this web site http://armyonline.kingston.mil.ca/LFCA/143000440000931/Default.asp
(not sure if available on Internet or just intranet). You should also be getting a sponsor that is supposed to assist you in your move. Contact where you are going to be working, thye should help you.

Sorry to revive a necrothread, but it saves me starting a new one. Does anyone know if the internet situation in Meaford has changed in the last couple of years? I'll be instructing this summer, living in whatever accommodations are normally provided for reserve instructors. If someone can tell me if there's internet, or how far I'll have to hitch-hike to find it I'd be grateful.

Last weekend I was talking with a buddy that taught up there about this. He said the Rocket Sticks are pretty good, and he knows a few guys in the shacks were able to play WoW on it. He did say its hit or miss though, and what works in one room may not work in another. Make sure you get a 30 day money back guarantee type of thing.

Back