• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

MASIS Roll out

if this is what i think this is.. then your inventory and tracking just got a  fetrick muckload simpler...

I'm currently wokring in RIM, and we use something similar.

I'm a senior maintainer on a ship, but can't get an account because I haven't been trained on it yet.

The shipboard version is called DRMIS or something like that.

So far, it's an integrated solution that would work well with a non deployed unit using a small bandwidth modem....

Things may be less bad than that, but I'm still working to get an informed opinion.

NS

Yes, we've gone from running two instances of SAP (one each for MASIS and FMAS) to a single instance.

Pretty damn good, actualy.  Rim uses SAP for every inventory transaction, and when you're talking about over 100K of mainboards, housings, accessories that all need to be brought together at different points in time, you need detailed inventory control.

Tango18A said:
What unit are you at?
It looks like the Blackberry maker.
SAP is a comercial product that is used by more than just the CF.

RIM can also be Repair, Inspection and Modification. Maybe the OP should provide more info in his profile. And the quit answering questions about MASIS if thats not the program he is using.

Tango18A said:
RIM can also be Repair, Inspection and Modification. Maybe the OP should provide more info in his profile. And the quit answering questions about MASIS if thats not the program he is using.

I read his "RIM" as our CF acronym the same way you did; upon re-reading his posts though ... he's working for the crackberry coy (I must take this time to thank him for that lovely 'electronic leash' though  :mad:).

RIM Tech certainly isn't running MASIS for their RIM.  8)

Wowzers.

The only E-leash I have is the cell phone in my pocket, courtesy of the Residential Sgt Maj.

Tango18A said:
The only E-leash I have is the cell phone in my pocket, courtesy of the Residential Sgt Maj.

Dude, my "mailbox has been over it's size limit" for 1 whole week!! Too bad that I therefore couldn't respond to the work emails while on leave - even via my issued crackberry!!  ;D

Tango18A said:
And why would you. Everyone else has forwarded to you anyways.  ;D

Yeah, "fowarded to me for action" no doubt; I'll spend the next two weeks sorting through them all.  :(

Tango18A said:
Do I hear a redress comming? Or just roasting of subbies?

It's all Op Cadence, Op Nanook and Op Podium (STILL!!) CFJSR eqpt returns/repairs/shipments; I (and they) will be too busy to worry about anyone's (including mine) Pt5s.  8)

Tango18A said:
... quit answering questions about MASIS if thats not the program he is using.
MASIS, FMAS and DRMIS are the same program -> SAP.  In is a module based program that can be configured to customer requirements (ie. the military users don't have the modules for sales, but do have various fin & logistics modules).  If someone external to DND is using the same modules in their business, they could provide first hand comment on the capabilities of the program. 

Back