• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Married Applicant

Status
Not open for further replies.

Guelph

Inactive
Reaction score
Quick question: how long could I be stationed away from my city of Guelph once I pass BMQ? I suppose a lot depends on my job choices as a NCM, but I wanted some general guidelines. My wife will be staying in Guelph, so it would be good to know what we might be in for.

Considering you're applying for Regular Force, and there's no RegF units in Guelph, then I would say forever.

You're going Reg F?  You'll never be "stationed" in Guelph. 

(Damn, someone beat me to it....  :()

After BMQ? Anywhere from 2-6 months of trades training, depending on your trade...

http://forces.ca/en/page/lifeinthecf-75

And after that, never, since there aren't any Reg Force positions in Guelph.

(Wow, 2 people beat me to it... Damn)

Might not be 100% accurate but will give you an idea of possible posting, dependant on your environment and trade and where it needs you to be.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Canadian_Forces_base

I know - it was too easy, ha. But I wonder how close I could be (in Ontario) possibly. Thanks for the base list.

Again, depends on your trade. Army? Petawawa or Borden. Air Force? North Bay or Trenton. Navy? Saskatchewan.

Might be silly to ask, but would I have to live on base, or could I move close and buy a house with my wife off-base?

Maybe you should read the dozens and dozens of threads that have discussed this already, your question is not unique in the slightest.  The CAF will post you where the CAF needs you to be.  Since you haven't even mentioned what trade you are even interested in, you could be posted to Alberta, if you manage to get in and if you complete your training. 

You can choose to live off base if you want. Personally, I would suggest you buy a house sooner rather than later in your career.

I know...I will continue to search.

Choices:

1. Resource Management Support Clerk

2. Intelligence Operator

3. Infantry

ModlrMike said:
You can choose to live off base if you want. Personally, I would suggest you buy a house sooner rather than later in your career.

Why? Just curious as to your perspective.

Guelph - there are a ton of threads on recruiting, and posting, and training. 99% of your questions have been answered. Please utilize the search function.

Army.ca Staff

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back