• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Marking topics "Read"

NavComm

Inactive
Reaction score
Hello Mike and mods,

Sorry if this has been asked and answered before, I did a search and couldn't find it.

I'm wondering when I visit "show unread topics since last visit" if I want to mark some of those topics 'read' but leave others to go back to, is there a method to do that?

Not that I know of.  If you click the Notify button you will be notified of new replies to the thread though.

OK, thanks Kyle, didn't think so but you never know until you ask!

Kyle is right, you can either mark them all read, or read them each individually.

Thanks Mike, that's pretty much what I've been doing. I find some topics I want to follow when new posts are there and many others I'd like to select as read or just not of interest to me so I don't follow the new posts there.

I don't know if it's even reasonable for you to consider but here's what in a perfect world :D I'd like to see:

When I view show unread posts, I'd like to be able to choose threads I want to follow without getting an email every time someone posts to it, but yet have a mechanism to inform me when I return that topics I read have been updated.

It works great on the ones I have posted to, but there are lots of threads I follow that I don't post to for the simple reason that I find the topics and the posters adding the discussion interesting but don't feel that I can personally contribute to the thread for various reasons.

Like I say, I don't know if it's possible, just a suggestion for you to wrap your brain around!

If you are interested in following a topic, add a comment or an opinion - however short this will let you single it out.  Similarly, I would like to "unreply" when a topic gets off on a big tangent.  However, then I might miss others' novel, humorous attempts to bring the threads back in line.

Flagging individual post or unreplying would make the database very complicated with over 7000 members each making a few selections.  Try a pad and pencil to record those of interest, or use a Wordpad file.

Gunner good suggestion and it's pretty much what I do (make note).

Some threads are very interesting to read and learn from but I wouldn't want to add a comment just for the sake of commenting. In fact, sometimes jumping into a thread with little or no knowledge just seems to change the entire flow of the thread and for me, ruins what was a very interesting dialogue.

I just thought if it was possible to mark the ones a person wants to follow, without adding to, would be great.

Back