• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

March Madness - Selection Boards 07

Hi folks,
I am waiting patiently as well. I was told in February that I am merit listed for Nursing Officer (ROTP civie). I called in a couple weeks ago and my file manager told me that she has heard nothing yet. So, I'll call her again in a week or so. For all those that are getting impatient like me, I have volunteered at the Recruiting Centre and boy it's crazy out there. I sometimes wonder how these recruiters keep up but believe me they do. They are top professionals doing a great job. My file manager always returns my calls and gives me answers to all my questions.
So boys and girls be patient and good luck

FN

Folks,

Just an update regarding OSL.

Was speaking with my local RC yesterday and all trades are OSL right now.  How long this will continue, not sure.  But this is the info that was given to me.  And in my opinion, a good thing for all in currently in the system.

kc

I've got an ROTP application open for pilot. I did aircrew selection in February, and I know at least 3 of the guys I was on that course with have already gotten their offers.

I got a call today from my recruiter saying that there are boards sitting tomorrow, and they're saying I have a better chance of getting selected if I change my first choice to Air Nav. I don't have a problem with Air Nav, but he said there are only 2 spots for pilot, and if I held out for that, I'd most likely not get picked up. Also, on aircrew selection, I didn't pass the Air Nav portion, qualifiying only for pilot. Confused, I mentioned this to the recruiter, and then he said that it's a moot point then if I didn't qualify for Air Nav.

So I went from being very hopeful of getting my offer any day now, to being completely deflated with very slim chances of getting any offer any time soon.

about 2-3 weeks before, a lady called me to the office to sign a paper to update my credit check. She said it would take 4 days, then after several weeks, they would call me to have an updating interview just over the phone and ask if I still like to take the offer.  I am still waiting..........

I hope this is relevant. I was merit listed may 28th 07, When i first applied i wrote down 2 trades. First combat engineer, what I really wanted to do. And infantry, I didn't make combat engineer the first time i did my cfat. I was worried i wouldn't make it again. i didn't want to get turned away from the military all together. Now I'm waiting for my offer. So if they offer infantry instead of combat engineer will i have the choice to turn that down and wait for an opening in combat engineer?

If ya didn't do well enough on the cfat to make combat engineer... why would they offer it to ya? Not positive, but if ya do poorly(don't qualify for your trade choice) don't they allow you to rewrite the cfat after waiting a certain period of time? If ya want CE why not study/ rewrite?

I realize i worded my question a little vaguely, I HAVE qualified for combat engineer AFTER rewriting my cfat. i wrote down combat engineer and infantry as the trades i wanted to go for, i wrote down infantry as a safety just in case i failed to make combat engineer again. now that i am waiting for an offer for combat engineer, is it possible that because i wrote down infantry as my second choice they will offer me that instead of my first choice. and if that does happen, can i turn that down and wait for combat engineer or will i have to take it or leave it?

Guys:  Just a little hint -- proper grammar and spelling is an imperative.  That means proper capitalization. 

By the way, congratulations on your offer.

Olga Chekhova said:
Guys:  Just a little hint -- proper grammar and spelling is an imperative.  That means proper capitalization. 

By the way, congratulations on your offer.

Here's a bigger hint.  Should any of you actually be offered anything, you'll be expected to lead people such as myself.

I already know how to spell, capitalize, punctuate, and everything - got anything else to offer?  (Your posts here don't provide any indication of surprise hidden talents).

As of now I am on the merit list. First choice is RMS clerk, 2nd Supply Tech. I applied late March. I should be getting a call back in the next two weeks for an offer (as per my recruiter). I will update you all as soon as I find out!

Back