• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

March Break Idea's for the Kids

proudnurse

Inactive
Reaction score
I am off for March Break with my daughter  ;D I have a few idea's planned but not too many yet as I am a bit stuck. We're going to make Choco Fondue together, probably tomorrow and maybe catch a movie at the theatre. She is 7 yrs old. I was wondering any suggestions that everyone may be doing out there, in thier time together.

Thanks very much!

Rebecca 

Rebecca,  You might find some more ideas here

One thing that my son also loves to do, is plan a whole day.  From what time we get up, to what we have for all meals, plus all of the activities for the day. I think I'm usually more worn out at the end then he is! Of course, I get paid back too, as it allows me to have my day at some point too!  :D

Have a blast!!  I will live vicariously through you and others who are off with their kids this week.  My son came up to visit me this weekend while I'm on course, and I squeezed in as many fun things as I could, and now he's back to grandma's.

I like your link. I like the idea of cooking with kid, provide there an
animal to begin the cleaning process on the floor :)

Great article and tips in there Mich, I saw a few that I think we are going to give a try! I'm so glad that you had a nice weekend with your Son. I'll let you know how we made out this week with different things we pick to do!

Take Care and Thank You  :)

Rebecca

Take them to your local Chapters/Indigo book store!  There are activities all week themed around all the "cool" kids shows.

Thanks Kyle... I didn't even think of that though we have been to Chapters before. We started out at Hobby and Toy  (this was a couple months ago) and got some stuff to make a suncatcher and then we went over to Chapters. It was so much fun to sit there and read the many kids books together. I let her pick one to buy and take home, and I came home with a book for myself.

Rebecca

proudnurse said:
Thanks Kyle... I didn't even think of that though we have been to Chapters before. We started out at Hobby and Toy  (this was a couple months ago) and got some stuff to make a suncatcher and then we went over to Chapters. It was so much fun to sit there and read the many kids books together. I let her pick one to buy and take home, and I came home with a book for myself.

Rebecca
I can pretty much guarantee the kids will love it, mainly because I know I'll be crying by the end of it. :p

My oldest has a friend coming for a few days.  That always occupies time.  ;D  Other than that, we plan on going to the beach, up to the mountains to do some snowshoeing, maybe a movie, out for dinner one night....and cleaning the basement.  The latter is everyone's favourite.  ;D

Well so far so good, we did make our fondue today after lunch! So we are still full from that and we have some left over if we want to make it again through the week. We also stopped in at Super Pet on the way home from the Grocery store. The one lady that worked there brought the one Mackaw Parrot out for the couple of kids that were there, they all loved that. And we looked at some of the other Animals so we did have a good day 1 of March Break. I also found out that the Library has some kids programs going on so we may head there tomorrow when we wake up. Hope everyone has a great week with the kids.

Rebecca

WE enrolleed our kids in the MFRC program so I can get some ice fishing in with the boys.  9er has to works though,  ;D

Northern Ranger said:
WE enrolleed our kids in the MFRC program so I can get some ice fishing in with the boys.  9er has to works though,  ;D

Ice Fishing sounds wonderful! Hope you and the boys enjoy that! Today we did go to the Library and also went to Wings of Paradise. It's the Butterfly Emporium here. The kids (and well us big kids at times, us parents  ;D ) are just thrilled to walk around and see the Butterflies and Birds out in the open before thier very eyes. I have included the link in case anyone would like to read thier site and possibly take your family for the day.

Rebecca

http://www.wingsofparadise.com/

Wow, looks so much better then the Biodome !

http://www2.ville.montreal.qc.ca/biodome/site/site.php?langue=en

Back