• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Man beats up driving tester for failing his girlfriend

CougarKing

Army.ca Fixture
Inactive
Reaction score
::)

http://ca.news.yahoo.com/s/capress/090724/national/driver_test_assault

Woman fails driving test; boyfriend allegedly beats tester
Module body

2 hours, 42 minutes ago

By The Canadian Press

WINDSOR, Ont. - Here's a new twist on road rage.

A 20-year-old man has been charged with assault causing bodily harm after an examiner at a Driver Examination Centre in Windsor, Ont., was beaten up. Police say the 51-year-old examiner was assaulted on Wednesday afternoon after giving a 21-year-old woman a failing grade on her test.

As the examiner was heading across a parking lot to conduct another examination, the woman's boyfriend began punching him about the head.

The driver waiting to be examined jumped in and pulled the suspect off the examiner, who suffered several cuts to his face.

The suspect, from nearby Tecumseh, initially fled with his girlfriend but was arrested and charged on Thursday.

(...)

What an idiot!  I'm surprised, though, that this kind of thing doesn't happen more often.  Driver examiners do not have an enviable job!

Would love to know why the boyfriend thought the instructor was responsible for his girlfriends inability to drive.

And she'll have to take a cab to visit him in the slammer.

Lots of idiots like that who take it out on the driving tester.  When I was in driver's ed my instructor told me how one of his friends who was a driving tester informend one of his testees that he failed, the guy got enraged and sped off before the tester could get out of the vehicle and he didnt stop until he drove about 2 hours up a highway into the middle of nowhere, where he proceeded to kick out the tester.

All kinds of morons out there these days.  I hope the guy who beat up the tester has a great time in prison!

I mean, as much as I can say the gents at Serco Des, deserve it. How ever, no way to treat or handle a situation. I had enough run ins (serco des being the company who does DriveTest) I just feel bad because, you know the driving examiner is just doing his job, he's 51. Odds are he was taking it easy anyways, and she was just a bad driver? who knows. But still no way to go about it. You can argue your fail but good luck.

JBoyd said:
Would love to know why the boyfriend thought the instructor was responsible for his girlfriends inability to drive.

You mean, she's responsible for her own behaviour??
She's not entitled to a licence??

That's just crazy talk.

Back