• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Making Combat Clothing Better

I personaly like to wear the combat...for the use i have done with it is quite all right...but then again a CIC officer does not use it as much as you reg or res people.

One thing I would like (call this a male-ish thing) is that when my sleeves are rolled up...it would be great to have the a little less tight..for the bicep...but...it is more of a personnal preference...they slack ok afer a certain time.

:-\

As this thread is about Making Combat clothes better, I will post this info. Our Fleece, as far as I know is part of our Combat clothing. I know someone who got the pants issued so I take it these "upgrades" have been done and are in the system.

I take it we will have to wait until our "older version" Fleece wears out.

Enjoy

Your cited pic is from LFTEU's site.

Trials & Evaluations, not quite in the system; just getting trialled and evaluated with those particluar mods. That step comes long before any official changes are made to the design, if approved, and passed on to the contractor after modification of the Mil/Contract specs.

The Librarian said:
Your cited pic is from LFTEU's site.

Trials & Evaluations, not quite in the system; just getting trialled and evaluated with those particluar mods. That step comes long before any official changes are made to the design, if approved, and passed on to the contractor after modification of the Mil/Contract specs.

Librarian-You are the resident expert so you know more than me, but I swear he had the modified pants. It had the zipper bottom. Perhaps he lucked out or it was issued to him by mistake. He did get them out of Gagetown Clothing so who knows! 8)

TAC MP said:
Librarian-You are the resident expert so you know more than me, but I swear he had the modified pants. It had the zipper bottom. Perhaps he lucked out or it was issued to him by mistake. He did get them out of Gagetown Clothing so who knows! 8)

Funny that. Gagetown, trial, LFTEU's home base. I'd suggest that it's highly likely then that you did see the modified pants...on one of the members performing the trials.  ;)

George Wallace said:
RangerRay

Why don't we just forget that idea all together and stick with what we got; an easily maintained uniform.  Not Two.  Not three.  Not Four different dresses for Garrison.  Just the ONE we have now for Garrison and Field.

If you are worried about getting dirty, then put on your issued COVERALS.

Well, I'll admit that it was a brainstorm on my part and not well thought out, but my idea was not to have completely different uniforms, but just different shirts for different functions.  One to make the troops happy in the field, and one to make the RSMs happy in garrison.  It just seems to me that according to what some are saying here, the current combat shirt is a compromise of the two functions, and doesn't work well for either.

just curious, i know its off topic but whats the NSN for the dark coveralls the boarding party are using on the left coast as seen below.
cheers

Wes_Robinson said:
just curious, i know its off topic but whats the NSN for the dark coveralls the boarding party are using on the left coast as seen below.
cheers

Couldn't tell you the NSN, but the sailor is wearing an HMCS Montreal ball cap, which isn't left coast, it's east coast.

Wes_Robinson said:
cheers

SN for which size?

Wes_Robinson said:
lol your right, my mistake, any one have any info about the coveralls?
cheers

You asked for a SN. I asked which size as each has it's own.

Pas de problemo. Now, why do you want to know??  >:D

Monday, at work.

there nice and simple and user friendly for paint ball, im just not interested in all that high tech gucci, lcf paint ball gear, just some simple and undistinctive.
cheers

Well,

I can tell you right now that if you're looking to get them for paintball...you're S.O.O.L.

kinda figured, just hoping that there could be some in some surplus store, thought maybe havin the NSN it would be easier to track them down.
cheers

Oh,

I'm quite sure they'll hit e-bay if they're not there already.  ::)

Just realize that if you do get a set off e-bay, you will be purchasing from, and thus supporting either:

1) a liar; or
2) a thief.

lol, yeah true, just kinda effy on buying cf gear from ebay, i trust a surplus store alittle bit more. would you happen to know the actual maker brand, make, model etc.
cheers

The Librarian said:
Funny that. Gagetown, trial, LFTEU's home base. I'd suggest that it's highly likely then that you did see the modified pants...on one of the members performing the trials.  ;)

I was just issued my second set of fleece before heading over to the sandbox.  The pants have the zippers on the legs, but the top appears to be the same as my other one.
I got them in Kingston.

Back