• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Major upgrade coming

Mike Bobbitt

Administrator
Staff member
Owner
Directing Staff
Reaction score
All,

Just wanted to give everyone a heads up that a major upgrade is coming. No set schedule yet but I will try to give as much notice as possible. The exact timing will largely depend on when I can carve out a big block of free time.

This upgrade will break just about everything, and it'll take me some time to bring things back online, piece by piece. The major stuff, will of course be working in short order, but some of the more eclectic stuff - quotes, wiki logins, etc. - may take a few days to get sorted. This is a forum software upgrade, which will include a few improvements here and there. I'll detail the major changes once the work is done, as some features won't be pertinent here.

Cheers
Mike

Thanks for the heads up Mike. I'll have to prep myself for not being able to be on here again ;)

Indeed. I will brace myself for some milnet withdrawal.

"MilNet: The Dark Days, part deux - The upgrade"  ;D

All... the upgrade is about to begin... hang on to your hats!

I hope your happy.  The lack of milnet.ca access forced an increase to my productivity today!

Inversely proportional to my productivity I would imagine!

Lil_T said:
Indeed. I will brace myself for some milnet withdrawal.

Me too ... might have to seek out a methadone clinic if it lasts too long ;D

Upgrade's done, it's just the clean-up now. I decided to bring the boards back online as I keep picking away, so people don't have to go without. :)

It has a winter-ish feel about it now.

MCG said:

And, I'm so hoping that's not one of the permamnent changes -- it's hard on my eyes. Really hard.

:'(

MCG said:

I like the winter cam feel to the boards. It's kind of seasonal.  ;D

Mike,

Thank you for the hard work and bringing the boards back before I spent my savings on another Timmy's.  ;)

ArmyVern said:
And, I'm so hoping that's not one of the permamnent changes -- it's hard on my eyes. Really hard.

:'(

Its the forum software default background.

I like the quotes.  They really show up good.  Can't stand this black on green though.  I can't read it too easily.  Perhaps I'll have to quote everything.  ;D

The green background in the POST Box is a good contrast colour for black.

George Wallace said:
Can't stand this black on green though.  I can't read it too easily. 

But you're old. No forum software will fix that.

Oooooooooh!  ;D

Cheers Mike to all your hard work.

Scott said:

Oooooooooh!  ;D

What you say?  Now the quotes are hard to read....  and the Post Box is white on [EDIT: green (not Black)].  I can see Mike will be pulling out more than one or two hairs sorting this out.

Question:  Who would format a program like this and call the Sub-Boards "Child Boards"? 

Scott said:

Oooooooooh!  ;D

Sure, sure....go ahead kid, poke the "old" animal from outside the bars....better hope the cage is locked!!!  ;D

GAP said:
Sure, sure....go ahead kid, poke the "old" animal from outside the bars....better hope the cage is locked!!!  ;D

But you's can't see to find the door of said cage!

Me worry not!  ;D

Mike,
I like the new profile feature which allows users to select the number of posts per page when viewing a thread, and the number of threads listed per page when viewing a board.

Back