• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Site Administration Major Server Upgrade [12 Jan 2022]

Pertains to site upgrades, performance, and general operation
Spot checking shows only those who listed their rank/regiment got those trophies, so we might be ok. If you find any counter-examples, please let me know.

So I see you (Bruce) are in fact a counter-example (for Rank at least). I'll take a look when I have a bit of time.

Spot checking shows only those who listed their rank/regiment got those trophies, so we might be ok. If you find any counter-examples, please let me know.
OK. .....I checked some old obscure profiles and saw that. Just happened that the first 4 or 5 had it.

I think think everyone gets it as soon as they log in. I've disabled those trophies for now. The logic is pretty limited for those fields, you can't say "award if it has a value" all you can do is "award if present." Even an empty field seems to meet the criteria. Odd that the server OS upgrade triggered this change in logic.

Mike, could you notify users that they qualify for a trophy, but advise them it will be presented at a later date after the electronic administration trail catches up with the qualifications, and then just don’t present the trophy until, for example, a site member leaves the site?

#liketherealCAF 😉

Unfortunately, when we switched forum software from SMF to XenForo, all of the internal links broke. I did run several scripts to fix old links to point to the new threads, but in some cases that fix didn't work. In your example, the URLs were updated to the new format, but don't point to a valid thread. Most likely the original thread was removed/moved/merged and so no longer matches the thread ID. Unfortunately the only fix is to manually search for the appropriate posts and edit FAQ posts like this with the results.

Unfortunately, when we switched forum software from SMF to XenForo, all of the internal links broke. I did run several scripts to fix old links to point to the new threads, but in some cases that fix didn't work. In your example, the URLs were updated to the new format, but don't point to a valid thread. Most likely the original thread was removed/moved/merged and so no longer matches the thread ID. Unfortunately the only fix is to manually search for the appropriate posts and edit FAQ posts like this with the results.
Ah okay! Been managing to find certain things, but glad to know I'm already on the best method and am not missing something! Thank you Mike!

Back