• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Major problems with the online application!

upflames

Inactive
Reaction score
I applied about a month ago. I sent in my academic transcripts and my birth certificate (copies) before seeing that it also requires 2 letters of reference and the personal screening.

I figured that I should wait for the submitted info to update saying that they received these documents before I send in the letters of reference and personal screening (in case they would move my file to the closest RC and I would mail the rest there rather than to North Bay).

For the past two weeks my submitted info page won't show me what's required, not required and received. It lists everything on the left, but doesn't show me the status of anything leaving me in the dark of what is still needed.

On top of this, I no longer can see the confirmation letter. When going to that section it says there is an error, apologizes and ends in a link saying click here to continue. However, upon clicking the link, it says logout confirmed and as indicated, I am logged out of my account.

The reason I waited so long before making this be known is that I thought perhaps this was simply a glitch from the latest update and that it would be fixed shortly.

Should I call or email them regarding this? And is there any advice or similar occurrences anyone has to share?

I went through a somewhat similar situation with my online application, in that the list of required documents online at forces.ca, doesn't quite match up with what is listed once you log in and check on the www.recruiting-recrutement.forces.gc.ca site. I basically sent in two packages, the first containing all the documents listed in the online application process, and then a second containing my two reference letters etc.

Once my 2nd package had gone in, my 'list of required documents' also became blank with no info being being show as to whether things were still required or not. I attempted to call the CFNRCC in North Bay about 10 times over a two week period, but was never able to get anyone on the phone. I then went into my local office and inquired as to the situation there, and was told they would request my file be sent to them. In the end I received an offer, so being persistent payed off.

All that being said, you must understand that it seems as though most trades and positions are closed at the moment, as it's so close to the end of the fiscal year. Also, if the trades you listed are not in demand, there is a chance you may never hear anything from North Bay or your local office as it seems they only forward applications if trades are indeed open.

You do have a 60 day window in order to get all your documents into the CFNRCC, so I would say try getting them on the phone and make sure you have all the required docs submitted. If once April passes and one or more of your chosen trades opens up, your file may be forwarded to your local office and then you're off to the races.

Either way, stay positive, persistent, and hopeful.

Cheers and good luck

I too had a similar situation.  I was able to contact the CFNRCC and was advised not to worry about what the status says online.  I would be contacted by my local CFRC if and when my application was processed. 
If you received an e-mail from the CFNRCC upon submitting your application it would tell you what should be sent in to them.

As well when all the dates disappeared from the online status, I received a call from my local CFRC within a few days.  Someone in a previous thread stated that this meant your file has been transferred from the CFNRCC to your local CFRC.

Don't worry about what your online status says and there is NO need to submit letters of reference.  The forces.ca website shows what you need to submit and it is pretty basic....

Once your online application has been sent to the Canadian Forces National Recruiting Contact Centre, a recruiter will send you an email reminding you to mail in photocopies of:

•your birth certificate
•a piece of government issued photo id (Passports are not acceptable) <------photo ID is NOT required until you have to report to your "local" Recruiting Centre
•transcripts from your highest level of education
•any proof of trade qualifications or professional licenses, and
•any additional forms required for the job or program you selected.
http://www.forces.ca/en/page/howtoapply-106#step1-1

I made a slight change above about the passport NOT being acceptable...

JDH said:
I too had a similar situation.  I was able to contact the CFNRCC and was advised not to worry about what the status says online.  I would be contacted by my local CFRC if and when my application was processed. 
If you received an e-mail from the CFNRCC upon submitting your application it would tell you what should be sent in to them.

As well when all the dates disappeared from the online status, I received a call from my local CFRC within a few days.  Someone in a previous thread stated that this meant your file has been transferred from the CFNRCC to your local CFRC.

It's been 2-3 weeks for me since everything disappeared. The e-mail says to send in;

a. Copy of proof of Canadian citizenship; (Birth Certificate, or Citizenship Card);

b. Copies of all official academic transcripts (secondary and post secondary studies);include both front and back as we will require the marking scheme. Copies of transcripts marked “Not Official” will not be accepted.

c. The consent of a custodial parent or legal guardian is required for the enrolment of an applicant who is under the age of 18 on the day of enrolment. Part K of the CF Application Form deals with Parental/Guardian Consent. A signed copy will be required during processing.

3. Copies of the supporting documents must be submitted to the Canadian Forces Virtual Recruiting Centre before any processing can begin. Ensure that your information is complete and correct. Note: Letters of reference are not required unless requested from the CFVRC or CFRC handing your application

I sent in a copy of my birth certificate, copies of all my academic transcripts, but nothing else (as this e-mail doesn't say to send in anything else). But on forces.ca it says to send in;

your birth certificate
•a piece of government issued photo id
•any additional forms required for the job or program you selected

So the only thing missing would be a government issued photo id according to this.. Correct? Or am I horribly wrong?

DAA said:
Don't worry about what your online status says and there is NO need to submit letters of reference.  The forces.ca website shows what you need to submit and it is pretty basic....

Once your online application has been sent to the Canadian Forces National Recruiting Contact Centre, a recruiter will send you an email reminding you to mail in photocopies of:

•your birth certificate
•a piece of government issued photo id (Passports are not acceptable)
•any additional forms required for the job or program you selected.
http://www.forces.ca/en/page/howtoapply-106#step1-1

I made a slight change above about the passport NOT being acceptable...
So I shouldn't worry about the online status' at all? And as I said above, I never sent in the government issued photo id because it wasn't in the e-mail (I went strictly by the e-mail when I mailed my documents in thinking it was correct and the others were outdated.. Did I make a mistake?).

I also went by the email and did not send in ID.  I would suggest giving the place in North Bay, as that seemed to get the ball rolling on my application.  If they inform you that your application has been processed and sent to your local CFRC, call them!

If you have any other questions post them or pm me, I've been through this initial step recently, just have my interview and medical left! (Wednesday)

Best of luck!

All I can tell you is what I have experienced.
1. I submitted my application. 
2. Received the general welcome e-mail you have shown.
3. I followed the instructions from the e-mail and sent in a copy of my Birth Certificate and Transcripts.
4. Called CFNRCC when noticed "reference letters 'REQUIRED'" on the online status. (Was advised not to worry about what it says online)
5. Online Status info disappeared (received a call from local CFRC a few days later)
6. Local CFRC advised me on anything else that may be required original copies of documents, gov't ID etc.

In short I can only suggest, like everyone else, that you call your local CFRC to see if they have received your application. 
As you can see everyone has different experiences. 
Good Luck!

DAA said:
•a piece of government issued photo id (Passports are not acceptable)

Don't panic, the requirement for "photo ID" is only for when you show up at the Recruiting Centre and if and when your file is processed...

I guess the website needs to be updated more...

JDH said:
All I can tell you is what I have experienced.
1. I submitted my application. 
2. Received the general welcome e-mail you have shown.
3. I followed the instructions from the e-mail and sent in a copy of my Birth Certificate and Transcripts.
4. Called CFNRCC when noticed "reference letters 'REQUIRED'" on the online status. (Was advised not to worry about what it says online)
5. Online Status info disappeared (received a call from local CFRC a few days later)
6. Local CFRC advised me on anything else that may be required original copies of documents, gov't ID etc.

In short I can only suggest, like everyone else, that you call your local CFRC to see if they have received your application. 
As you can see everyone has different experiences. 
Good Luck!

Okay, mine disappeared roughly 2-3 weeks ago.. So do you recommend I call my local CFRC or the CFNRCC?

upflames said:
Okay, mine disappeared roughly 2-3 weeks ago.. So do you recommend I call my local CFRC or the CFNRCC?

Doesn't hurt to call your local CFRC and see if they can help.
If they can't help, you can either wait or try calling the CFNRCC.
Good luck!

I sent an e-mail after not being able to get a hold of anyone. I checked my inbox about 15 minutes ago and saw they already replied to it. The e-mail that I sent reads;

Hello,

Close to a month ago I applied for the Regular Forces. I sent in my academic transcripts and a copy of my birth certificate as the confirmation e-mail stated. After three days the Application Status page was updated and stated that two letters of reference, the TBS 330-23 - Pers Screening and the documents I had already mailed were required. About a week later, the status of all documents on the page disappeared leaving only the names of the documents. Along with this happening, when selecting the "View Confirmation Letter" page, I am given an error page that simply states "Sorry, an error occurred while processing your request." with a link attached stating "Click here to continue". Upon clicking the link, I am brought to the Successful Logout page.

Thinking that this was an error after the latest update, I decided to give it time to see if it would be fixed. The problem has persisted since then (roughly 2 and a half weeks).

I was hoping that you would be able to give me ensight as to why this occured and if there is anything I can do to fix the problem.

Thank you for your time,

upflames

The reply to it was;

Good day upflames,

Thank you for your interest in the Canadian Forces (CF).

I apologize for the technical difficulties you are experiencing.

If you cannot access the application forms on our website we can email them to you.  If you would prefer to receive an application package by mail please use the following link to request documents:

http://forces.ca/en/documents/requestdocuments-113

Alternatively, you can visit the CF Recruiting Centre or Detachment nearest you.

If you are trying to apply online and you are having difficulty with the Government of Canada online Access service you will have to contact an Access Customer Service Representative by phone [Monday to Friday (except Holidays) from 07:00 to 23:00 EST]:

More information about Access Key is available on the Access Key Frequently Asked Questions Web site. You can also call the Access Key Help Desk at:

Phone: 1-866-372-7742 (bilingual)
TTY: 1-866-330-1890
Outside North America: (613) 948-2888 (accepts collect calls)

Sincerely,

(The sender's information).

The reply did nothing but further confuse me. Do I try again tomorrow to get a hold of someone at the CFNRCC or do I call the Access Key Help Desk?  ???

Hey upflames,

As you saw in the thread I posted, I am having the exact same problem with my application account. All of the document names are there, but there are no dates or "required" parts in there anymore. They WERE shortly after I applied, but since then, nothing.
I applied on November 10th, so only about a week and a half after you. I'm glad someone else is at least in the same boat as me, so I know there's not something that I did terribly wrong.

As for the e-mail response that you got, it almost looks to me like something automated. They're talking about "trying to apply online" as if you haven't even applied in the first place. It doesn't actually address the issue you're having. I mean, it can't hurt to call the help desk in any case.

It's become kind of a waiting game now, to see if I'll even get contacted saying they received my documents since I haven't even gotten that yet.

Please let me know of any new information you get :) It's a huge help.

upflames said:
The reply did nothing but further confuse me. Do I try again tomorrow to get a hold of someone at the CFNRCC or do I call the Access Key Help Desk?  ???

If I were you, I would email North Bay back or try and call them and ask for an update on your file status.  I don't think getting hold of Access Key will be of any benefit...

HA, no way! I'm in the exact same boat as you guys word for word, glad I found this thread. I applied November 9th if I recall correctly. Just posting to tell you guys your not alone  ::) 
I'll write in this thread should I get an update or something if I see no updates here from you two. Cheers, and best of luck to you both  :salute:

Seems like we're all in the same boat here, or aircraft, or tank...
Depends what occupation you want  ;)
What have you guys all selected for your 3 choices?
I have:
-Infantry
-Armoured
-Combat Engineer.

Hope we all get through  :cdn:

Same problem here.

I applied online on November 21st. I got my customary auto response informing me which documents I need to send to North Bay.
Thinking I was being smart I decided to scan and send the documents to the jobs@forces email but when I called about the application status online I was told to not worry about the information on there
and I was better off sending my copies to North Bay by mail as the e-mail server they have is not secure.
I mailed everything on Friday November 23rd and I am now patiently waiting for a reply. When I call the local RC I was told it would take up to a month or two to be contacted. 

Big news guys!!!! We have nothing to worry about, it actually seems like a good thing!

I applied for infantry and combat engineer btw.

Just checked my email, got this today;

Good day,

Thank you for your interest in the Canadian Forces (CF).  This email is to confirm the receipt of your application and required documents and to inform you that your applicant file is now complete.

Please note that your occupation choice(s) is/are currently unavailable for intake however, we will hold your file open at this location for one year from the date of application in the event a position opens up.

If you have any questions regarding your file, please feel free to contact us at the number below.

Sincerely,

The title has A(followed by numbers) is that my serial number??

Reason I said it might be good news is because in another thread I saw a post saying that it happened then they received an email similar to mine around a month later (I applied October 30, page went blank November 6, got email on November 30).

Don't worry about the dates in the online application. Worry about what the CFRC has in your physical file and all the dates they provide you with. Not sure about the number in the email title, but it could be your Service Number (not serial number). Judging from my number, Service Numbers come in the form of one letter, followed by 8 digits. You will be asked for this number a lot during your recruiting process to commit it to memory. Good luck.

Gunshark said:
Don't worry about the dates in the online application. Worry about what the CFRC has in your physical file and all the dates they provide you with. Not sure about the number in the email title, but it could be your Service Number (not serial number). Judging from my number, Service Numbers come in the form of one letter, followed by 8 digits. You will be asked for this number a lot during your recruiting process to commit it to memory. Good luck.

Yeah I meant to say service number! My bad lol. I'm at school so I'm trying to type as fast as possible so I don't get caught.

It's A------. I don't know if I can or can't say the numbers.. So I don't want to post it yet. But it's an A followed by 6 numbers.

The title of the email is Canadian Forces Application A------

upflames said:
Yeah I meant to say service number! My bad lol. I'm at school so I'm trying to type as fast as possible so I don't get caught.

It's A------. I don't know if I can or can't say the numbers.. So I don't want to post it yet. But it's an A followed by 6 numbers.

The title of the email is Canadian Forces Application A------

It is probably just a number for your application, hence the 'A'. I was given my Service Number on the day I wrote my CFAT. That is probably when you will get yours.

Back