• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Magnum Boots-Dealers in the Ottawa Area

• Thread starter cameron_highlander
  • Start date
C

cameron_highlander

Does anyone know if there are any dealers in the Ottawa area for magnum boots? I'm trying to purchase a pair for personal use, a number of buddies of mine have and they say they are superb boots. However, I don't buy footwear off the internet, I need to try them on first and make sure that that 200$ is well spent. So, if anyone knows of any stores that sell (new) magnum boots I would greatly appreciate it.

Piper, on this issue, it would be adviseable to first check if you are actually permitted to wear them in uniform. In CANFORGEN 016-05, it states:
THE ONLY AUTHORIZED FOOTWEAR FOR PERS CONDUCTING LAND OPERATIONS REMAINS THE
MARK III COMBAT BOOT NSN 8430-21-872-4291, THE WWB NSN 8430-21-914-9924 AND THE TCB
NSN 8430-20-001-2410 WHEN INTRODUCED. THE CURRENT IN-SERVICE HOT WEATHER
(DESERT) BOOT NSN 8430-21-908-2375 ISSUED ONLY FOR SPECIFIED DEPLOYMENTS IS NOT
AUTHORIZED FOR WEAR IN CANADA.
I think based on this, it would be wise not to spend $200 on a boot you cannot use in the field. Just my thoughts on this.

Have you checked the local police supply store here?
You can usually find some older "models" there for a fairly reasonable price.  Personally, mine are going on two years and still in good shape.  I'll pm you with the company, i wouldn't want to break any advertising rules here  ;)

Back