• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Machine Gun Jetpack

dapaterson

Army.ca Dinosaur
Subscriber
Donor
Reaction score
Just in time for Christmas, the perfect gift for that hard-to-shop-for loner on your list.

http://what-if.xkcd.com/21/

My wife's a spoilsport.  She's all concerned about squirrels and critters on the ground.  Can you let her know where she can get me a useful supply of frangible rounds?

You might run into a some difficulty getting a permit for the GSh-6-30.....

Evidently the Russian military has realized there is a bit of a problem with the weapon and shifted to alternative devices like the GSh-30-2, which should work almost as well for a machine gun jetpack.  ;D

Don't you dare - DON'T YOU DARE - even think of proposing this as a replacement for helicopters, manned or otherwise.

Hah! I was reading htis last night, and am now very happy to have found another fan of XKCD's 'what if's.

Loachman said:
Don't you dare - DON'T YOU DARE - even think of proposing this as a replacement for helicopters, manned or otherwise.

Actually, it would make a dandy all in one alternative to a helicopter gunship  ;D ;D ;D

Thucydides said:
Actually, it would make a dandy all in one alternative to a helicopter gunship  ;D ;D ;D

Staffwork to have you marshall the first one in has begun.

We'll paint the "H" on your crotch.

Back