• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

M203 Vertical Grip

malone_703

Inactive
Reaction score
Does anyone know how to acquire a vertical grip for the M-203?  RM Equipment makes one but they only sell to the States.  A Canadian company is trying to get the rights to make it in Canada, does anyone know the name or how to get one from the company?

If you contact R Nicholls distributors you can get one, I had to fill out US State dept approval forms for mine but as long as your address is a CF address (ie your unit) you should be good to go.  If you need the contact info pm me.
Hope this helps. Fraz

Fraz,

What do you think of it? I was kicking around the idea of getting one, but read mostly negative comments in regards to the utility of the item, then when you factor in an almost $300 price point I was somewhat turned off. Any experiences you have with it would be greatly appreciated

For starters, having the grip on your wpn is a day and night difference.  After x number of hours on patrol, or humping through grapefields/ wadi's, fatigue of the forward arm (wrist) is almost non existant compared to the wpn without it.  As for durability, in my experience this piece of kit will take care of you as long as you are decent with it.  A drop of clp on the clamp lock and clamp itself everynow and then does wonders.  The $300 price tag was a little detrimental to the piggy bank but worth every cent. 
  WRT positive control of the weapon and attaining sight picture/ snap shooting, the grip performs just as well as having a C9 grip on a regular C7.  In my experience having the clamp locked on the 3rd ring from the breach provides the best position for operation and depending on whether you have a surefire, paq 4, etc... on the wpn, it provides a good point for the grip as the relative centre of gravity of the wpn, (once again depending on attachments to the wpn, and personal preference). 
  Having myself and several friends who had them on their wpn's during 3-06 I have had nothing but positive feedback and opinions WRT to this piece of kit, and hopefully if the trials pan out in Gagetown, we may or may not see it in the system in a few years time. 
Hope this helps.
Fraz

Fraz, those are all great points. Couple more questions for you. First off, did you order the standard grip or the shorter one? Secondly, do you have any pictures of the grip on your weapon from tour? Thanks very much, I am deploying on 1-08 as a 203 gunner so these are all great points. The only problem is $300 for the grip is a lot of money, that I dont really have right now!

I'm on 3-0-8 and had to carry it on my battleschool.  Like all the guys who had to carry the Carl G, carried the weight of the M-203 but never got to use it.

Fraz said:
If you contact R Nicholls distributors you can get one, I had to fill out US State dept approval forms for mine but as long as your address is a CF address (ie your unit) you should be good to go.  If you need the contact info pm me.
Hope this helps. Fraz

So can I mail it to myself so long as it's my mailing address at work?  I'll PM you for all the details, thanks for all the help.

There is no way that piece of junk is worth $300.00!!!! Phew talk about one born every minute!! One of my guys had one on his rifle in A'stan, it was absolute crap,it places the support hand too far below the weapon to allow for accurate shots by under balancing the weapon,and adds lateral pressure on the M203 when loading/unloading which at best slow down loading and at worse stresses the interbar. In short save your money.

Got my grip.  Bought it for $290 from someone in my company.  Thanks for all your help in trying to get my hands on this piece of kit.  The guy I bought it from said it makes a world of a difference plus it's built to last.  And when I leave the forces I can sell it to someone else.  Cheers.

Hey buds, just wondering if you are on TF 1-08. Are you in Edmonton? I wouldn't mind taking a look at that grip if you are. Let me know.

Cheers,

Phil

No, sorry, I'm in 2 RCR on TF 3-0-8.  If you want to take a look at the grip it's at www.m203grip.com.  It's the short/tactical one.  Don't bother with one with a light or batteries, it adds to the cost plus a light will be on your weapon.  Plus there's plenty of places to but extra batteries.

Back