• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

M-113 TUA Cdn in 1/35 scale

GINge!

Reaction score
Here's a recent project where I converted a standard M-113 into a Canadian M-113 TUA.

In progress:
DSCN2258.jpg

Painted up in 3-tone cam:
DSCN2337.jpg

This brings a tear to my eye.The good old days when TOW was in a battalion and deployed!!!!

TOW TRIPOD

Cheers guys, I hope to do a LAV-TUA someday as well.

Sgt Schultz, the brown is called "wood brown" from gunze paints. IMO, it is too light for the NATO brown we use. Next time I will use the darker/redder Tamiya brown.

Wes - love the redgum quote. I'm always surprised at how many folks up here have never heard that tune, its probably the best modern day (hmm, can you still call 1983 modern??) war song written.

Yeah, for some reason I thought you may of use Tamiya NATO colors for it. But it still comes out pretty good. It's a clean paint job.

I want to do a Stryker with the Slat Armor like in Iraq. I think that would be pretty neat.

Normally I do use Tamiya's 3-pack of NATO colours, but this time I wanted to spray the Gunze. They do go on really nice, as they are semi-gloss, but when they get flat coated, they dry much lighter.

There are a couple Stryker kits and the slat armour on the market now, but man, the slat sets look tricky. I'm going to wait a few weeks until the Real Model LAV-III conversion is available, its designed to fit the Stryker kit. Looks pretty good in the test photos, but I expect it will be major $$$. Check it out:

P1050378.jpg

Small update & some shameful self promotion; I just got my first magazine cover: :D

mis100201-0.jpg

Issue 207, should be out next week.

Yes, indeed. Excellent work and achievement. Have your hands cramped from autographing copies yet?

Good on you! I wish my models could be on front page. Keep up the good work.

Spot on Ginge!  It good to see work of your calibre rewarded properly.

Back