• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

LOWA Urban Desert MPS boots?

dothedr3w

Inactive
Reaction score
I'm overseas right now using the issued tan Boulets.  The boots really aren't that bad to begin with, they fit and feel exactly like MKIV's, except they're hotter, which really doesn't make sense?  Since arriving I've cut out the mesh liner on the boot uppers, and bored out the ventilation holes for better breathability.  It's easily made the boots 100x better but let's face it, we all want non-issued boots.  I've been doing a fair amount of research and I think I want to buy myself a pair of Lowa Urban Desert MPS's.

Has anyone used this boot? and if so what is your opinion?

Are these boots available for sale anywhere within Canada?

dothedr3w said:
I'm overseas right now using the issued tan Boulets.  The boots really aren't that bad to begin with, they fit and feel exactly like MKIV's, except they're hotter, which really doesn't make sense?  Since arriving I've cut out the mesh liner on the boot uppers, and bored out the ventilation holes for better breathability.  It's easily made the boots 100x better but let's face it, we all want non-issued boots.  I've been doing a fair amount of research and I think I want to buy myself a pair of Lowa Urban Desert MPS's.

Has anyone used this boot? and if so what is your opinion?

Are these boots available for sale anywhere within Canada?

The highlighted item does not exist you are referring to the BOOT, GENERAL PURPOSE, INTERM... which everyone has erroneously called the Mk IV

I can't comment on that specific model, but for LOWA's I currently have the Mountain boot GTX, Renegades and Zephyr Desert boots. They are all top quality boots, haven't had anything fall apart on any of them and I've put them all through some good wear and tear. The Zephyr Deserts are good in the heat, extremely comfortable and rugged. How ever they are low cut, not 8" so it all depends on what kind of non-issued kit your allowed. I much prefer the hiking boot style vs the combat boot style.
Anyways overall LOWA makes a very good boot. Just beware some of their boots are sized differently not all my pairs are the same. Most models

punkd said:
I can't comment on that specific model, but for LOWA's I currently have the Mountain boot GTX, Renegades and Zephyr Desert boots. They are all top quality boots, haven't had anything fall apart on any of them and I've put them all through some good wear and tear. The Zephyr Deserts are good in the heat, extremely comfortable and rugged. How ever they are low cut, not 8" so it all depends on what kind of non-issued kit your allowed. I much prefer the hiking boot style vs the combat boot style.
Anyways overall LOWA makes a very good boot. Just beware some of their boots are sized differently not all my pairs are the same. Most models

Hey don't I know you from somewhere?  =p

I'm wearing the HAIX desert boots from the German PX in Kaf and they're wonderful.  Two colours of tan on them though, so I kicked them around in the dust and now they're all KAF coloured.  ;D

+1 on the LOWA Zephyr Deserts without GTX. Not quite as good as Keen Voyageur Mids IMHO but more uniform friendly.

If you need a taller boot you might want to check out OTB boots, they have been getting good reviews.

Back