• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Lost - Missing Kit ( merged )

$56.00 as of my last run-in with an "accounting error" on my records

Catalyst said:
i am a numpty and somebody walked away with my cadpat shirt while on course...does anyone know the dollar amount that I will have to pay for a replacement of said shirt?

I'll post it up for you tomorrow when I get back to work.

Because I am neglectful ...  :-[

Here's what I promised to provide Monday ...

As of 6 minutes ago:

Gloves, CWW: $82.00; and

Shirt, Cadpat TW: $56.11
(I know the req for the shirt price was sent via PM, but am answering here in hopes that you will see it...I am currently unable to send PMs).

Vern

kincanucks said:
Vern?  Hello is this thing on?

Oooops, sorry.

I totally missed your post!!

Entitlement period, depends what the specific item is.

There is a certain Life Cycle for each item of kit that is expected.

IE... for footwear, the entitlement period is 2 years. Best explained by those that wear purchased footwear due to medical problems with feet or special-sized ... We are authorized to purchase them 2 pairs of boots every 2 years.

Ergo, your footwear is expected to last 2 years for exchange purposes.

For BTU, the life cycle rate is 1 year. Can therefore purchase the 4 each entitled once per year.

For stocked items, it also depends upon their assigned 'life cycle' rate (an LCMM vice a Supply detail) eg for OD t-shirts, I believe the 'life cycle' is 2 years; therefore you are only entitled to exchange your 5 tshirts once each 2 years. MOST people however, will not experience any problems if they bring the actual worn-out item into clothing with them to be exchanged.

For velcro nametapes, the life cycle is 3 years and your entitlement is 3 each. Therefore you are entitled to have the Crown purchase you 3 each velcro nametapes no more than once every 3 years.

Does this make sense to you?? I don't know how else to go about explaining it.

Makes perfect sense Vern.
Someone has figured out that, on average, people wear out their TShirts over a 2 yr period
but that they go thru their BTU twice as fast - hence 1 yr period (must be the toxic food ;))
Name tags fade in the wash over a 3 yr period.

So long as the people behind the counter use the grey matter they have between the ears (common sense), supply gods need life cycle estimates in order to carry the necessary inventory for the people they serve.

ArmyVern said:
Oooops, sorry.

I totally missed your post!!

Entitlement period, depends what the specific item is.

There is a certain Life Cycle for each item of kit that is expected.

IE... for footwear, the entitlement period is 2 years. Best explained by those that wear purchased footwear due to medical problems with feet or special-sized ... We are authorized to purchase them 2 pairs of boots every 2 years.

Ergo, your footwear is expected to last 2 years for exchange purposes.

For BTU, the life cycle rate is 1 year. Can therefore purchase the 4 each entitled once per year.

For stocked items, it also depends upon their assigned 'life cycle' rate (an LCMM vice a Supply detail) eg for OD t-shirts, I believe the 'life cycle' is 2 years; therefore you are only entitled to exchange your 5 tshirts once each 2 years. MOST people however, will not experience any problems if they bring the actual worn-out item into clothing with them to be exchanged.

For velcro nametapes, the life cycle is 3 years and your entitlement is 3 each. Therefore you are entitled to have the Crown purchase you 3 each velcro nametapes no more than once every 3 years.

Does this make sense to you?? I don't know how else to go about explaining it.

Thanks

Thank you very much...now I know how much to expect to loose next pay cheque ;)

Can someone post a link where I can download a MLR form? All I'm getting on the DIN are dead links and I can't find anything in the forms library.

Rheostatic said:
Can someone post a link where I can download a MLR form? All I'm getting on the DIN are dead links and I can't find anything in the forms library.

They are a locally generated form that is provided by your supporting clothing outlet ...

Here's a link to the basic one; click on "search", type in "MLR", then choose "miscellaneous_loss_report(2)" from the list.

http://dgmssc.ottawa-hull.mil.ca/dmpp_apps/SupplyManual/WebHelp/index.htm

Thank you.

The dead link I was referring to: http://www.cfsuo.forces.gc.ca/ts-st/sup-app/mlsr-rped-eng.asp

Rheostatic said:
Thank you.

The dead link I was referring to: http://www.cfsuo.forces.gc.ca/ts-st/sup-app/mlsr-rped-eng.asp

CFSUO ... that's Ottawa; you didn't really think their links would be up to date did you?  8)

Tango18A said:
Ottawa. Isn't that the home station of Bad idea generation.

No, the Good Idea Fairies live there. They have branch offices too.

George Wallace said:
No.  No.  Those are Fairies who think they have good ideas.

Maybe so George, but they call themselves Good Idea Fairies. ;D

Is that why the Louis Stand around bldg looks so shiney? From all the Fairy dust.

Tango18A said:
Is that why the Louis Stand around bldg looks so shiney? From all the Fairy dust.

I think that's Coventry you're thinking of.  Pink fairy dust.  ;)

Well DLR is in the St.Laurent bldg, so there must be high concentrations of some kind of dust over there. >:D

Back