• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Looking for L5 Pack Howtizer Pics

• Thread starter Historic Gunner
  • Start date
H

Historic Gunner

Good day all, I am looking for pictures of the L 5 Pack Howitzer, both being "packed" for a drop, also as it is being dropped. These pictures will be used here in CFB Petawawa Base Museum as part of the "Airborne Gunner" display we are currently setting up. Any help would welcome.

HG,
I will send a copy of this thread to MRGnr27, he spent a "few" years jumping with the L-5's. I also have a link to "Petes Airborne Gunner" page lying around on this site somewhere. Busy right now,I will find it after 1500 today.

Thank you both in advance, i will check out those links ASAP.

Sorry, I have just checked both pages out, I already have been there and thier bookmarked. Good try though. I didnt think it would be this hard to find pictures of this nature. It seems that no one had any pictures of the gun being rigged up, or being dropped. I have even tried to check out "E" Bty's photo archives and tose pics seem to be missing.

How about the "dock" in Trenton?

I'm going to move this to the "Artillery" forum as I think we would have better luck there.

I'll PM some e-bty buddies to see if they have anything. I have a couple of old ones, but not rigged.

Have you tried CPC ?
ATES or Aerial Delivery probably still have L5 related documents around.

Just caught a whiff of this.

I believe that I have one or two pics of an L5. Some are in a Herc, some are slung under a Voyageur and a Chinook, and one is deployed in one of the Edmonton shopping malls. I will check this out this weekend. I will get them scanned at work this Monday ( 16th ), and send them on.

( By the way, they aren't from the missing collection that was previously mentioned. I had a weekend or two with both 1 AB Bty and E (Para).)

Historical note: The 2nd Regiment RCHA inherited all our memorabilia when E (Para) was folded. We had, literally, volumes of pics, including all the pics we inherited from 1 AB Bty of Cdn AB Regt. Perhaps a query with the 2nd Regt Adjutant ios in order ?

Ubique

Thank you, I am the NPP custodian for the Regt. but we went on a hunt for these pics that were "supposidly" held at the "E" Bty Q and they were no where to be found, after they did thier move from P-1 to Z-108...  The only thing I have seen right now, are the regt photo albums and the pics there are not that good for our purposes at the museum.

As of 1977, I know that the 1 AB Bty stuff was at E Bty (Para), I remember looking at some of the old paraphanalia and photos. Maybe someone can  speak to later on, I went to 3 Horse around then.

Thank you for the info. I got here in 96, and got this job last year and are still in the procress of puting the pieces of the units back together.

Back