• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Looking for help/advice for First Claim situation

cdnchck

Inactive
Reaction score
My husband submitted a claim on March 24, 2016 for recurrent umbilical hernia - operated.  A favorable decision was on February 27, 2017.  However, no financial decision was made due to further doctor's appointment.  This doctors appointment finally occurred on August 16, 2017.  The doctor advised it was the final step to finalize this claim. His notes were being sent to Charlottetown and no further appointments were necessary.  Today, I logged into the VAC account was shocked to see a reassessment initiated on July 26, 2017.  No correspondence has been received to notify of this reassessment. 

This is my husbands first claim. I send a secure message though VAC and will be calling tomorrow. Is this normal to start a reassessment before the initial claim is completed?  Does the entire process start again?  Any insight would be greatly appreciated before I call.

Thank you

Attachments

• VA.pdf
    109.8 KB · Views: 107
Back