• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Looking for Former members of 3PPCLI Workpoint Barracks Victoria, Tour 1992-1993

mistyqueen

Inactive
Reaction score
My husband dropped his UNPROFOR-OP HARMONY Plaque and the picture broke. I am hoping there is someone on the site who was also on OP HARMONY and has the same plaque as below. If I could get a picture of the middle part so I can get that replaced for my Husband that would be awesome. He was going to throw this out but I could tell he was very upset about it. I saved it and I hope there is Former 3 PPCLI Member from that tour who is on the site and has this same one. It is a hologram picture on glass. The glass is broken in two places, there is no maker tag on the back for it so i can't be back to orginal maker. I also don't want to take this just into any trophy shop to try and get it repaired.

Thanks for your assistance any help would be greatly appreciated.

100_2243.jpg

100_2241.jpg

100_2239.jpg

Jeez,

That is a beautiful piece of work.  I was there two years later, so I understand why your husband and you would cherish this piece.

c'mon people, we have to have someone out there that knows how we can duplicate this.

dileas

tess

Thanks so much. :) Hopefully someone will have this same plaque as my husband. If not I will call that guy in Calgary. I'm in Edmonton. :)

My Husband did three tours to the Former Yugoslavia this was his first tour, then he went again in 1994, then again 1997. He is now retired and this piece means alot to him.

My Husband did three tours to the Former Yugoslavia this was his first tour, then he went again in 1994, then again 1997. He is now retired and this piece means alot to him.

He was there with 1PPCLI?  We releived them in September 1994.

15 degrees of seperation......

dileas

tess

If 1 PPCLI was Calgary Yes we was with them then he got posted to Winnipeg after that tour to 2VP. He was Infranty, A Coy, then was transport before his remuster in 2000 to Met Tech Air Force.  Long story behind why the MET Tech remuster was a bad move.

Misty,

My brother was on that tour and I distinctly recall that same plaque being amongst his "posessions" stored at my house years later when he did a tour in Alert. I've sent him an e-mail to see if he's still got it (I imagine he does..I've stored the packrats stuff!!). I'll try to get a pic of it somehow for you if he still has it because he's in Afghanistan now, but I'll work on it.

Vern

Misty,
you may also want to try Joe Schultz through the PPCLI Association here in Calgary. Also did you try the 3rd in Edmonton. When I was up in the lines a couple of months ago I noticed the plaque industry was up and running. I cannot remember if that was hanging on the wall but it looks familiar.

I am pretty sure that my father has that same plaque hanging in his hallway...I will point him in the direction of this thread...

I have one I will scan it for you. Would you PM me yoiur e-mail addy, Now they know who your Daddy is ;D

Thank you so much now to take it to a trophy shop and get the midle part fixed. Does anyone know of any place in Edmonton thast are good?

Thanks again it much appreciated.  :)

Do you still need this?
If you need better images let me know

Attachments

• PPCLI_1.gif
    PPCLI_1.gif
    422.2 KB · Views: 373
  • PPCLI_2.gif
    PPCLI_2.gif
    282.7 KB · Views: 306
  • PPCLI_3.gif
    PPCLI_3.gif