• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Longest Thread?

Duke

Reaction score
With the "Alternative to the CIC" thread now at 24 pages, I'm wondering what the longest thread ever was, in terms of number of pages?

I know this is 'trivia', but I couldn't find the information by performing a search.

Duke

It just might be in a league of its own ... that is most extraordinary. Well done, all you CIC posters. :salute:

The "What Are You Listening To?" thread is at 33.........the old all caps was in the 150 range before being removed....

Duke said:
With the "Alternative to the CIC" thread now at 24 pages,

And if it doesn't shape up in one big hurry, it could find itself in the same grave as the GACT.

150 pages, amazing!

I guess the ATTC (Alternative to the CIC) is just a pale shadow, then.

Thanks!

Duke

I think Gun Control is at 37 pages, but maybe that is because my computer is smaller.  ;D

Tom

What is/was Grat Caps?

A totally random thing where anything was postable, deleted at the start of this year due to abuse and the fact it served no purpose.

It is also the reason why posts from Radio Chatter aren't counted towards post count. It was deleted as it had gone off the tracks in terms of user conduct as it had no topic (well eventually it didn't, but it did have a starting rant).  Now if I remember correctly the present longest thread is the Music one here. Others may be longer but, I think they are conglomerates of many threads spliced into one. Also I seem to remember the title being "Gratuitous All Caps Thread 2" as it was started as a tribute to a rant on another website about how people TYPE LIKE THIS ALL THE TIME EVEN THOUGH THEY DON'T USE IT AS EMPHASIS. (Franko can elaborate on this)
If anyone wants to know a more detailed story about the thread, just P.M me as I was in the thick of things.

P.s Just an observation: in the drop down menu at the top of the page, Radio Chatter is still called by its old name Off Topic.

vangemeren said:
It is also the reason why posts from Radio Chatter aren't counted towards post count. It was deleted as it had gone off the tracks in terms of user conduct as it had no topic (well eventually it didn't, but it did have a starting rant).   Now if I remember correctly the present longest thread is the Music one here. Others may be longer but, I think they are conglomerates of many threads spliced into one. Also I seem to remember the title being "Gratuitous All Caps Thread 2" as it was started as a tribute to a rant on another website about how people TYPE LIKE THIS ALL THE TIME EVEN THOUGH THEY DON'T USE IT AS EMPHASIS. (Franko can elaborate on this)
If anyone wants to know a more detailed story about the thread, just P.M me as I was in the thick of things.

P.s Just an observation: in the drop down menu at the top of the page, Radio Chatter is still called by its old name Off Topic.

You are correct. The thread idea I borrowed from someone else from another 'grate' site....it went to 1776 posts. GACT went to something like 2500 posts....due to people abusing the entire idea and posting just to get the post count up for the thread.

Regards

Back