• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Longest Possible Period for LWOP

SweetNavyJustice

Inactive
Reaction score
Good day all,

I've read the CFAO's and DAOD's concerning LWOP.  I was just wondering from people's experience here, what the longest period you've heard of for going on LWOP. 

Keeping in mind that there must be a benefit for the CF, do any of you know people who have gone on an extended LWOP (1-2 years) to work in a civi job say with the UN or NATO?

Thanks for the input.

I once had a chat with a member who was going on LWOP to accompany their spouse on his posting to CFE because there were no positions there for her.  It was projected to last 2-3 yrs.

No idea about the maximum time for LWOP, but I would like to point out that any time taken on LWOP, you need to make equal RRSP/Superannuation contributions starting from when you resume paid work. This is stated on one of the handout sheets new recruits receive with their sign-up package. I'm sure it could become a financial issue for LWOP periods of two weeks or more.

I am on LWOP for 16 days until I fly to BMQ, so for 16 days of paid work, my salary will be deducted double automatically to "catch-up" for those missed contributions.

I hope this tidbit was somewhat helpful.

Back