• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Long Branch Lee Enfield War Production Bore Diameter

TCBF

Army.ca Veteran
Inactive
Reaction score
My 1942 No. 4 Mk. 1* may have set a record of dubious value.  I had the bore slugged by the crew at Lock'n Load here in Edmonton, and it came out at an astounding .319"!  Some books will say .309 to .317 is possible in Lee Enfields (all Marks).  If I start casting, I might be better off with a .32 mold than a .311.

Any similar experiences out there?

Tom

I have two long branch #4 mk1* that I just might take to P &D tomorrow and have that checked. I dont reload .303 brit but they digest federal hunting loads and group well. I will take them to the range and get some hard fact group sizes next month. I'll send bore diameters soonest.

Might as well get the headspace checked at the same time - especially if the bolt s/n does not match the rcvr s/n.

I bought a 1942 Long Branch at Lock'n'Load just a few weeks ago... I was so jazzed to find one in good shape that didn't think to get it headspaced and whatnot at the time. The bolt and receive s/n don't match, so it's probably a real good idea, as you say.

What does Blair charge to slug a rifle?

Back