• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Living Quarters and Free Time

It does, but when does a MCpl sit up and think "Why am I still in the Shacks?". This is what the problem is here, too many senior MCpls and Cpls taking up cheap rooms and banking money, while Buttonhead Tprs have no suitable rooms. Last the RSM said was Accommodations was looking at putting bunkbeds in the rooms if the situation didn't improve.

Like I said different people have different tastes, requirements etc. I'm an athlete, and the things they serve at the mess CAN do, but really are not ideal...WAY to much pasta/bread vs meat. Also lot of processing, does it taste decent...most days. But I would definitely not go on rations again without having to (i.e course, deployment, etc) Also the other crappy part, is you only get 3 meals, and your last meal is served until 6....Dunno about you guys but I haven't gone to bed without having food between supper and bedtime since I was a lil guy.  For the price you pay, you figure you could get food more often.

There are some items i've had on the menus that I went back for 2-3 times (minus sides) but they are kind of rare, just like I CANNOT eat the steaks at the mess, for an 8ounce piece 4 ounces is grissle and crud...yuk, but usually the fish meals (none fried) are pretty tasty.

For deployments and courses...all I gotta say is protein powders, meal replacement bars/powders, RTD, etc.

Back