• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Life in the military?

My comment, with respect, is that there comes a time when you must accommodate the  CF vice the CF accommodating you.  Under certain circumstances, life in the CF can suck. Other times it can be awesome. Roto 0 is vastly different from Roto 6.

PAdm said:
My comment, with respect, is that there comes a time when you must accommodate the  CF vice the CF accommodating you.  Under certain circumstances, life in the CF can suck. Other times it can be awesome. Roto 0 is vastly different from Roto 6.

Under what kind of circumstances can it suck for example? What's Roto 0 and Roto 6?

Khaalid said:
Under what kind of circumstances can it suck for example? What's Roto 0 and Roto 6?

You missed my point and my not so subtle advice to a young, slow eating, 5 meal a day, body building lifestyle person contemplating life in the CF.  I am not getting involved with your trolling.  Good luck with whatever you choose to do in life.

Khaalid said:
What's Roto 0 and Roto 6?

Roto 0 is the first rotation into a new theatre of operations.  After Roto 0 comes Roto 1, then Roto 2, etc.

As for ways it sucks, and the difference in accomodations between rotos, etc look for pictures of Kandahar Airfield in 2002, compared to photos of Kandahar Airfield in 2010.

The CF will not accommodate your every want and desire for multiple meals a day, large gyms in every location you go to so you can work out, etc

Khaalid:
PAdm said:
.... there comes a time when you must accommodate the  CF vice the CF accommodating you ....
-Skeletor- said:
....The CF will not accommodate your every want and desire for multiple meals a day, large gyms in every location you go to so you can work out, etc
Geddit?

Khaalid said:
do they accommodate people who can't eat pork? or provide halal or kosher meat?

I had experience on this one first hand.  Jr NCM living in shacks, submitted a request under religious accommodation to be provided with kosher meals from the mess.

End result......the kitchen would have had to set up a completely separate food preparation and cooking area, provide special training for the cooks which made it "cost prohibitive".  Request denied.

UnwiseCritic said:
I thought verge was being sarcastic, I really, really hope he was.

I was not sarcastic in anything I said, I love the food they serve.  ;D

Well it's just that you mentioned you like how much they serve French fries... Something I think they shouldn't do. Too many people eat them all the time. Try a salad people. 53% of the CF is overweight. I'm not sure if that's based on BMI or not. And the source of my info. Those torturous Christmas week long briefings.

UnwiseCritic said:
Well it's just that you mentioned you like how much they serve French fries... Something I think they shouldn't do. Too many people eat them all the time. Try a salad people. 53% of the CF is overweight. I'm not sure if that's based on BMI or not. And the source of my info. Those torturous Christmas week long briefings.

A lot of people join the military to get away from their mothers and her advice. ;)

recceguy said:
A lot of people join the military to get away from their mothers and her advice. ;)

Haha, Yea I guess that's how it sounds. I sent him a pm with some legitimate reasons as to why he should eat healthy. Trying to set up the new guys for success. As the CF as a whole doesn't do it very well. Too scared to step on people's toes.

UnwiseCritic said:

Coming soon to a Canex near you - the "Try a Salad, People" motivational t-shirt line....

ok can we move on now, I am getting hungry! :pop:

Back