• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

LIEUTENANT GENERAL LUCAS (CAS) BECOMES DND/CF CHAMPION FOR WOMEN

Gunner

Army.ca Veteran
Reaction score
CANFORGEN 136/05 ADM(HR-MIL) 065 181812Z AUG 05
LIEUTENANT GENERAL LUCAS (CAS) BECOMES DND/CF CHAMPION FOR WOMEN
UNCLASSIFIED
IT IS MY PLEASURE TO ANNOUNCE THAT LGEN STEVE LUCAS HAS ACCEPTED AN INVITATION FROM THE DEFENCE WOMEN'S ADVISORY ORGANIZATION (DWAO) TO BECOME THE DND/CF CHAMPION FOR WOMEN THE ROLE OF THE DWAO IS TO PROVIDE ADVICE AND INSIGHT TO THE LEADERSHIP ON ISSUES RELEVANT TO WOMEN MEMBERS OF THE DND/CF AND ON THE IMPLEMENTATION OF EMPLOYMENT EQUITY POLICIES AND PRACTICES. THEY MAY ASSIST
THE ORGANIZATION WITH: 
DEVELOPMENT OF POLICIES, PROCEDURES AND MECHANISMS
RELATED TO RECRUITMENT, TRAINING AND RETENTION
EMPLOYMENT EQUITY INITIATIVES AND ACTION PLANS
IDENTIFICATION OF SYSTEMIC EMPLOYMENT BARRIERS
RECOMMENDATIONS FOR SOLUTIONS ON ISSUES OR PROBLEMS IDENTIFIED
ESTABLISHMENT OF ADVISORY GROUPS IN DND/CF ACROSS THE COUNTRY
RESEARCH ITEMS RELATED TO EMPLOYMENT
EQUITY/DIVERSITY
THE DWAO IS ESTABLISHED UNDER THE AUTHORITY OF THE DEFENCE DIVERSITY COUNCIL AND WORKS IN CONCERT WITH THE DND/CF CHAIN OF COMMAND TO ACHIEVE ITS GOALS. THE DWAO NATIONAL CO-CHAIRS ARE: LCOL BARB MCMANUS/MIL CO-CHAIR AND LYNNE CORKUM/CIVILIAN CO-CHAIR. I ENCOURAGE YOU TO SUPPORT THIS MOST WORTHWHILE ORGANIZAION IN THEIR MANDATE INFORMATION ON DWAO CAN BE FOUND AT THE FOLLOWING LINK HTTP://HR.OTTAWA-HULL.MIL.CA/DMGIEE/AGSEC<http://hr.ottawa-hull.mil.ca/dmgiee/agsec>

::)

IT IS MY PLEASURE TO ANNOUNCE THAT LGEN STEVE LUCAS HAS ACCEPTED AN
INVITATION FROM THE DEFENCE WOMEN'S ADVISORY ORGANIZATION (DWAO) TO BECOME
THE DND/CF CHAMPION FOR WOMEN

Hmmm, just the small matter of the sex change first and.......... ;)

That's actually what it's called? "THE DND/CF CHAMPION FOR WOMEN"? Does it come with a medal?

Britney, I am a bit disappointed in you.  I thought you would have been very pleased to have LGen Lucas represent you.  ;)

A few more appointed Champions (not sure if all are still current):

http://www.forces.gc.ca/site/Feature_Story/2003/jun03/12_f_e.asp

Vice-Admiral Ron Buck, Chief of the Maritime Staff and the DND/CF Champion for Persons with Disabilities

http://www.forces.gc.ca/hr/cfpn/engraph/6_05/6_05_dvmag_champion_e.asp

Lieutenant-General Marc Caron, Chief of the Land Staff, has accepted the position of DND/CF Champion of military personnel and civilian employees who are members of visible minorities.

http://www.forces.gc.ca/hr/cfpn/engraph/5_05/5_05_daag_e.asp

Vice-Admiral Jarvis, ADM HR-Mil and the DND/CF champion for Aboriginal peoples.

Well thank God I know who to bitch too now. I've got a list of complaints mostly due to my irregular period that I'm sure he will need to know. :D Thanks

Can I be the DND/CF champion for Overweight Ex-service Members?....and h#ll, I'll do it for half of what those guys make...

Bruce Monkhouse said:
Can I be the DND/CF champion for Overweight Ex-service Members?....and h#ll, I'll do it for half of what those guys make...

You're already there buddy :D I'll vote to pay you double for the extra duty (and pounds) you're willing to sacrifice.

Britney, I am a bit disappointed in you.  I thought you would have been very pleased to have LGen Lucas represent you.

The term "Champion" seems  to be sexist and condescending. If he's my champion, am I supposed to be his fair princess? His damsel in distress? ???

This sounds like something fron the 10th century......

I wanna be the Champion of Caucasian, Heterosexual, Non-Differently-Abled, Right-Handed, Christian Anglophone Males in the CF.

Sorry, but we stopped hiring "those" kinds years ago.....

Britney, it's like every time I attend community meetings on :native issues, women's issues, children in crisis issues: best not be the single white male who stands up to defend it.

A friend once told me as the "single white male over 45" that he felt he was the most discriminated against person in Canada... I think he hit the nail on the head.

All the white men defending women's issues and native issues and all the other issues are never appreciated. I appreciate you guys taking this on and pointing it out that a man is defending women's issues. But honestly, that's beaurocracy and only women, in this case can change it. If men try to, some woman, somewhere is going to cry that she was 'out hormoned'. Not fair? You bet. Not right. Absolutely. The way it is. Yes.

Edit: typos

I am waiting for the message stating that (or does it go without saying) the CDS is the Champion for follicly challenged, muscle bound, testerone-laden, monogamous, heterosexual, over 30, highly trained killers.

Is there really a need or a demand for this position? Or is it just another created job for a general in waiting for a real job to open? Or do we really need a LGen to head it?
Just curious. ???

Is there really a need or a demand for this position? Or is it just another created job for a general in waiting for a real job to open? Or do we really need a LGen to head it?

It's not their primary focus, it's like a secondary duty.  Having said that, your question about is there really a need or a demand for this position is valid.  These positions are created to address a need and are sustained indefinitely by its bureaucractic inertia.

Pretty much what I was getting at Gunner! ;)
Really a LGen to head something which really is not an issue but the battalions and squadrons need more troops. Sounds like the Canadian government had a BIG hand in this nonsense! :threat:

Now that we have all these Champions, when does the tournament take place?

Personally, I think I'd be embarrassed to have "Champion of" whatever attached to my moniker. ::)

Free Wheaties all around!

puke.gif

VAdm Jarvis (ADM HR Mil) to serve as Official Languages Champion.  He must divide his loyalties between OL and Aboriginal People.  These portfolios seem in conflict, don't they?  Of course he share OL with Mrs. Shirley Siegel, Assistant Deputy Minister (Human Resources â “ Civilian) to provide OL leadership within the Defence Management Committee and the Armed Forces Council, and report to both bodies on DND/CF OL performance.

Back