• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Let's Put An End To Breast Cancer!

aesop081 said:
Sorry for the hijack but, will ther be a day where we will have:

"The weekend to end prostate cancer"

I know its not as cool as "breast" cancer  ;D

Toronto sstation am640(MOJO) has prostate cancer fundraisers and airs the commercials frequently.

Bruce Monkhouse said:
Probably when women start enjoying looking at our penises as much as we enjoy looking at  their breasts......

So there isn't any hope ? Is that what you are saying ?

aesop081 said:
Sorry for the hijack but, will ther be a day where we will have:

"The weekend to end prostate cancer"

I know its not as cool as "breast" cancer  ;D

There is a walk on Father's day i believe but it certainly isn't 60km. Something for you to start up perhaps??  ;D

i love this, and wouldnt of ever thought of post this on here, but i will follow in your fundraising efforts.  i too am doing the walk in edmonton.  here is my story.

my mother in law has 3 friends she always hanges out with, they go everywhere toghter, and i mean everwhere.  2 of her friends have had breast cancer, both fought it and went into remission, but unfortuanly susan, got sick again, this time, she didnt win.  The cancer spread, from her breast, into her lungs, brain and took over her body.  My daughter was born on noverber 3rd, and gramma was supose to come for the birth, but being the kind gental lady she is, phoned me and asked me what i wanted her to do, i told her to stay there, and say her goodbyes to her dear friend.  So she did.  But susan, knew that gramma was heart broken about not being here, so knowing she only had a few days left, she said they must say thier goodbyes, and that the best gift she could give her, was for gramma to come see her new granddaughter.  They said there goodbyes, and while gramma was here, susan, became another angel in heaven.  Now even though susan is a angel, the 4 girls get toghter, how, your wondering, the 3 girls, will get toghter on special dates, grab the lawn chairs, a bottle of wine, and go to visit Susan, at her resting place.

If you would like to help the cause here is my link.  ever dollar counts, count for pennies!

http://www.endcancer.ca/site/TR?px=1369617&pg=personal&fr_id=1091&fl=en_US&s_tafId=1501

incase the link doesnt work, you can do a search for angela cartwright

This is an extremely hard post for me to read and I finally got the courage to do so...not for me but for my friend.

On May 24th my bestfriend and one of the best critical care nurses I know was diagnosed with Infiltrating Ductal Carcinoma...Breast Cancer in layman's terms.

I am never one to cry and anyone who knows me can validate that...after I went to visit her the evening she was diagnosed, I came home and cried and cried.  Why did God pick her? 

I have cared for people on oncology/gynecology floors and have watched the pain and suffering not just that which the cancer causes but the treatments...they are horrific...these people are true heroes IMO, with more courage and strength than you can imagine.

Please support Breast Cancer Research...for all the "bestfriends" out there...

I thank you girls for your efforts...I will PM you Pea

HL

Hey guys,
          Just an update on the fund raising. We are still falling way short of our goal and need some help. As of right now we are 2800.00 behind in our fundraising goal and if we don't reach it by the time the walk rolls around, we don't get to participate. So we're hoping some of you can help us out. Every donation big or small is appreciated. There are so many people who will benefit from the money raised.  Everyone knows someone with breasts, so come on, let's do what we can to help save them. >:D

Just a little message to those with cancer, it was a picture I took at the cancer luminary ceremony tonight in Petawawa in front of the DDH:

2228093-l.jpg

Okay...here's the scoop and everyone please pay attention...

Our girls...the lovely Pea and Camo are trying to do something really noble...if you check out the website...they mention "US"..."US" being Army.ca guys and gals...

They are proud to be part of the Army.ca family and let's show them how proud we are of what they are doing and support them like they are the family they are...

Dig in your pockets...there are tonnes of us here...tonnes of pennies make dollars...so let's help these girls out...let's get a move on

I challenge members to meet or beat my donation...it's for a great cause.

Gentlemen...start your donations!!!!

HL

Thank you so much for your donation Hot Lips. We greatly appreciate it. I will let everyone know that as soon as your money is donated, it's put to work towards funding programs and research to help eliminate breast cancer. They are not holding it until after the walk. So the difference you are making, you're making it today. Thanks again Hot Lips.  ;D

I'm up for the challenge. I'll do for you two and breast cancer what I did during Lent.

I kept a piggy bank on my desk at work, and every time I had a coffee I put a $1.00 into it, and days I brought my lunch I put in $5.00. It added up, so for the month of June I'll do it and give the proceeds to your walk.

Thank you very much for your donation Hot Lips! Also, thank you for taking the time to try to rally for support for us. This really is a great cause, and as you can see we are falling quite short of our goals. If we don't reach the $2,000 each we don't get to walk. We both really want to do this 60km walk. Like Camo said, as you donate the money it is taken and put to use right away.

Thanks to TMM too, for her dedication to helping the cause and helping us. It meas a lot that you are going to go to such effort to help out!

Thanks again to all who have helped us so far, it truly means a lot.

Talk about timely! I'm going to be taking part in a breast cancer study. My twin sisters are in one, and they would like other family members to take part if possible. It's nothing earth shattering; I just have to have fill out a questionnaire and give blood. I hate blood tests as I tend to get dizzy, but it's nothing in the grand scheme of things.

Camo & Pea - the cash box on my desk is growing since my car is in the shop and I have to bring my lunch this week.

Wow thanks TMM. We greatly appreciate all the support we can get. We are falling way short of our goal and are running out of time. Any donation big or small is appreciated. A big thanks to everyone for your support.  >:D

Just wanted to bump this up again, as it is now a month away from the walk. We have a far way to go donations wise, but we won't lose hope this easily. Life keeps getting in the way of the fundraising, but I am hoping we can come back full force now.

Thanks again to all who have donated! To those who would like to help us, and anyone who has been touched, or will be touched by cancer out, please click on one of our links in order to donate. Every dollar brings us closer to being able to complete the walk, and the world closer to putting an end to breast cancer!

Hi guys.....I am hoping some of you can help me & my teammate out in the Toronto Weekend to End Breast Cancer event coming up on September 8-10. Some difficulties are being had in fundraising efforts so I thought I'd plead our case here again!! We did this event last year & were quite successful, including some generous donations from some ppl on this forum! We are from the Toronto Scottish Regiment & our team page is:

http://www.endcancer.ca/site/TR?pg=team&fr_id=1120&team_id=6091

For Cpl Cristel Cuffy: http://www.endcancer.ca/site/TR?pg=personal&fr_id=1120&px=1121692

MCpl Krista Swan: http://www.endcancer.ca/site/TR?pg=personal&fr_id=1120&px=1108161

I hope some of you can help us out in these few days left!!

Carry on!
Krista

I think that's a great thing you're doing and more people should be following. I'll see if I can come up with some money worth giving you. Best of luck.  :cdn:

JohnWayne said:
I think that's a great thing you're doing and more people should be following. I'll see if I can come up with some money worth giving you. Best of luck.  :cdn:

I've got 9 dollars on my CIBC.  :-X  Is there another way I can help with this? (I know this stuff was posted some time ago but I would like to contribute.)

JohnWayne said:
I've got 9 dollars on my CIBC.  :-X  Is there another way I can help with this? (I know this stuff was posted some time ago but I would like to contribute.)

Volunteer.  Either as Event staff... or do the walk yourself and raise the minimum $2000 to do it.
It might be a little late to sign up for this years walk.  But you can always do next years.

It still isn't too late to sign up, at least for the Toronto walk. I finally took the plunge and am doing the walk this year.

Back