• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Let the games begin...

sleeman

Inactive
Reaction score
Droped off my application 18 July 2006.  Hopefuly this is the first step to a great career as an intanteer!

sleeman said:
Droped off my application 18 July 2006.  Hopefuly this is the first step to a great career as an intanteer!

Spelling may not commonly be considered an infantry related skill, but it will help with the way you present yourself here, and in your military career.

Welcome to army.ca, enjoy your summer reading while you wait for the recruiting process to develop.

Since it might be a while before I get any news about my application and I’m able to post more details about my enlistment process, I've decided to post a sample of my training regimen.  I’m open to suggestions, tips, comments and questions.

I start off each workout with a 10 minute warm up on a stationary bike and then I stretch.

On Mondays, Tuesdays and Wednesdays, I run. Right now, I’m running for about 30 minutes, will increase over the next few weeks.  After the cardio portion of my workout, I do some strength training

Monday
Strength training: Push ups, chin ups, dips, sit ups, reverse dips press ups, one legged squats, pull ups.  1 set of each, as many reps as possible.

Tuesday
Strength training: Dead lifts, squats, bench press, dumbbell curls, triceps kickbacks, shoulder press. 2 sets, 4-5 reps with heavy weights.

Wednesday
Strength training: Push ups, chin ups, dips, sit ups, reverse dips press ups, one legged squats, pull ups.  1 set of each, as many reps as possible

Thursday.
No running. 30 minutes of rowing.
Strength training: Dead lifts, squats, bench press, dumbbell curls, triceps kickbacks, shoulder press. 3 sets, 16 reps, lighter weight to work on endurance.
1-hour floor hockey at night.

Friday
1 hour game of hockey.

Saturday
30 minutes biking, 30 minutes rowing
Strength training: Push ups, chin ups, dips, sit ups, reverse dips press ups, one legged squats, pull ups.  1 set of each, as many reps as possible

So, there you have it folks, a week in the life of a recruit hopeful… training wise anyway!

I like it, but I'm not seeing any ab workouts, strengthening the abs will make all of those exercises easier. If you are good at pull ups consider doing this exercise http://www.ringtraining.com/articles/Lsit.htm

edit: oh yea if you get comfortable doing that, try http://www.drillsandskills.com/images/display?path=v.jpg

I tried the Lsit today.  I didn't have access to rings so I used the dip bars.  The hardest part for me is to get the legs up high enough to get a perfect 90 deg. angle.  One more thing to do when I workout! Right on!

I spent a good part of the day at the CFRC today.  Did the CFAT, qualified for the three trades that I had selected and a bunch more.
I also did the medical exam.  Since I had surgery last March for Compartment Syndrome, I need to get a few forms filled out by my Doctor... and it's just my luck, he's on vacation!  So, as it stands, my faith lies in the hands of the good Doctor!

I'll hurry up and wait for now. :)

I contacted the CFRC this week and I was informed that I am now merit listed!  :)
Now, if only someone could make me an offer I can't refuse!

Good things come to those that wait.

les bonnes choses viennent a ceux qui attendent.

I agree with the previous posts. It's worth the wait. Once in, you're gonna love it!

Hi folks

I'M IN!!

Got the call from CFRC Ottawa today.  I was made an offer I just couldn't refuse!

Off to basic in St-Jean 6 November 2006!
Swearing in ceremony 20 October 2006

They granted me my choice of regiment, I will be posted with The RCR

I am so happy right now, it's surreal  :) :cdn:

Congrats dday!!

I'm still waiting for my call...  Hopefully soon though...  I called my CFRC/Barrie yesterday and I was merit listed as of Sept 21.  They told me I should be expecting a call within the next 2 days or so...  Here's to hoping.
Again congrats.

Thanks rocker!  Good luck with your application!

That phone call is amazing! The best I ever had!  ;D :cdn:

Back