• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Leave Rembursment?

leeford

Reaction score
Son his in Halifax on course after BMQ. He's flying to see family in Ontario. Bought a flight. Does he get any reimbursement? March break so he's on approved leave.

In general, a CAF member separated from their primary next of kin for service reasons, is entitled to one Leave Travel Allowance per fiscal year. The amount paid is equivalent to the kilometre rate from place of duty to where the next of kin live, minus the first 500kms, regardless of how much they spent on travel.

The member needs to submit receipts and a leave pass, stamped at the leave location (post office, police station) to their orderly room to be paid.

In general, a CAF member separated from their primary next of kin for service reasons, is entitled to one Leave Travel Allowance per fiscal year. The amount paid is equivalent to the kilometre rate from place of duty to where the next of kin live, minus the first 500kms, regardless of how much they spent on travel.

The member needs to submit receipts and a leave pass, stamped at the leave location (post office, police station) to their orderly room to be paid.
Any idea on the KM rate?

That is what I said- regardless of how much you spend on travel, you are only getting so much reimbursement, based on the km rate.
Re-reading your post from yesterday, I can't figure out how I mistook what you wrote. Sorry about that.

Advise him to bring up now that he is requesting an LTA so the orderly room can initiate the claim before he travels. Doing things after the fact tends to annoy people especially with end year starting.

The problem with end year is that it happens at the same time as the start of the new year ;)

Back