• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Leave Program - Special Christmas/New Years Travel [MERGED]

I've gotten rides on other countries aircraft also.  The US just wants to see a NATO ID like your Military ID.  The Dutch and Germans were helpful also.

AirForceWife said:
Anyone can use it in your immidiate family. They need the Military family ID card along with some other paperwork.   But its risky too, if you need to be back by a specific time, as if all of a sudden they have a lot of personell going on that flight last minute - your not going to get your spot.  

They don't bump people anymore. That being said if it's an Op nesesity yeah, but the days of a Col. deciding last minute that he thinks it's a good idea to go golfing on the otherside of the country are no longer. The same is said about the X-mas flight program. It's first come first served based on priority sign up.

He is talking about both, there are many different types of flights on both aircraft.

The guy at the number told me they only leave from Trenton... can anyone explain this in more depth?

The flights leave from Trenton.

Any Question on this

It is this way because the 8 wing air movement group comes from Trenton.  They use military airports, so you need to make your way to Trenton, sometimes Greenwood, rarely to Ottawa, and sometimes other ones.  But Trenton is the main terminal used.

Are these flights free?
Does anyone have any links that are not on the din?

All bookings for military transportation must be made through the National Passenger Service Centre (NPSC) in Ottawa at 1-800-823-3857.
For information on Canadian Forces flights, contact the CFB Trenton Air Movements Unit (AMU) at 1-800-487-1186.

Taken from http://www.mfrc-ncr.org/english/deployment/dep_eff_benefits_allowance.html

That page relates to dependants travel but is also applicable to members.  Yes travel is free, but I'm not sure if you get a box lunch anymore.

AmmoTech90 said:
Yes travel is free, but I'm not sure if you get a box lunch anymore.

Thanks for the information!

...No boxed lunch! What is the world coming to? ;)

Thats strange.  My husband called this week to get myself and our son on a flight from Winnipeg to Trenton. They never mentioned that they only  help you coming out of Trenton.

AirForceWife said:
Thats strange.   My husband called this week to get myself and our son on a flight from Winnipeg to Trenton. They never mentioned that they only   help you coming out of Trenton.

Flights do have to go back to Trenton at some point, they can't just leave there. Trenton is the hub, so if you're going to or leaving Trenton, you could probably get a flight.

Due to our commitments to over seas operations there are very few domestic flights. On top of that, most domestic flights are "Duty Pax Only". I suggest that you phone the 1 800 number before you make any plans. Unfortunately there is normally only a few weeks notice prior to some flights. Good Luck.

Morgs said:
Are these flights free?
Does anyone have any links that are not on the din?

I believe that there is a nominal fee, a "Insurance thing", of $10, if it is not a Duty Flight.

There are no fees associated with CF Flights. That includes CF members and their dependents.

amos933 said:
There are no fees associated with CF Flights. That includes CF members and their dependents.

What you have said is true for personnel travelling "On Duty".

Could you verify that in respect to "Non-Duty" flights?

George Wallace said:
What you have said is true for personnel travelling "On Duty".

Could you verify that in respect to "Non-Duty" flights?

There is no cost for either.

I suppose then, if I were to ask for a refund/my money back after all these years, it is out of the question.  ;D

This is already being discussed in a thread from two years ago:  SERVICE FLIGHTS

Hey everyone, I'm new to the boards and also the DIN  :-\ and I'm totally lost. I've tried numerous times to get information from that site and found myself way to frustrated and lost and just give up everytime.

I would like to travel to Gagetown to see my wife for the May long weekend and also like to travel to Edmonton this summer to see my wife's family. I heard that if you' re really lucky you can maybe get aboard a military flight but I have no clue as to where and how to ask about this. I was hoping there was a site I could visit to see the schedules and all the rest of the info necessary to book a flight. Anyone can help me out?

Also, while I'm at it, where do I find my kit entitlement beside relying on supply's list? It seems that my kit entitlement changes everytime I visit ...  ???

BTW I have nothing against supply techs, I'm sure you guys are just doing your job  ;D

Back