• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Leave Policy – Weekends (time off) Merged]

Bradboy said:
Suit yourself, I will be!!! ;D

darn man! I guess at about week 2 the DT's are gonna start kickin in! Ohhh the pain! :crybaby:

Buddy I have nudie bar radar. I can sniff one of them places out from a mile away. Put me within a mile of the place and I just follow the scent trail baby. WHOOOOORE YAH!!

So when should I expect the DT's to start setting in? Beer has become a necessity of life. Nothin' like a cold brewsky with the boys after a hard days work.

Will do!   :salute:

:cdn:

Wow Bradboy.. You sure do your country proud huh? Nah.. Your not showing your young age or your sads chauvinism at ALL!!!  ::) ::) ::)

As for the WHooooore?  Inappropriate! Just MHO though.

As for peeler bars in Barrie, there is Crossovers and the Silver Star

Now, that being said, if a strip bar is the only way you can get close to a woman (with or without her clothes on) then I think therapy is in order. Also there is something terribly uncomfortable about going to peeler bars with a group of guys. Think of it for a second, you go out, you look at naked women dancing around. Maybe you get a table or lap dance (no, she doesn't like you at all In case you were wondering). Then maybe you go out with that same group of guys but now they are all horned up, then you go back to the barracks. So, you look at women all night long but you go home with men? For anyone who frequents peeler bars a lot maybe your time would be more better spent honing your social skills or, now here is a really outlandish concept, go and talk to a woman. You may find that may be much more productive and you wont have to spend a bucket of cash for it either.

Okay so that is my opinion on going to a peeler bar with men. I will save my opinion on going to them with an open minded woman for another forum. Maybe one like Penthouse letters. Oh yeah one more thing, saying things like WHOOOOORE YAH!! is a little counter productive and a little of an immature and archaic attitude. I suggest you buy a copy of "How to Win Friends and Influence People". You never know it may work, well, at least until you shout out "***** Yeah" anyway.

Alright now, lets all try not to take this too seriously.

Cheers.

Gramps said:
As for peeler bars in Barrie, there is Crossovers and the Silver Star

Now, that being said, if a strip bar is the only way you can get close to a woman (with or without her clothes on) then I think therapy is in order. Also there is something terribly uncomfortable about going to peeler bars with a group of guys. Think of it for a second, you go out, you look at naked women dancing around. Maybe you get a table or lap dance (no, she doesn't like you at all In case you were wondering). Then maybe you go out with that same group of guys but now they are all horned up, then you go back to the barracks. So, you look at women all night long but you go home with men? For anyone who frequents peeler bars a lot maybe your time would be more better spent honing your social skills or, now here is a really outlandish concept, go and talk to a woman. You may find that may be much more productive and you wont have to spend a bucket of cash for it either.

Okay so that is my opinion on going to a peeler bar with men. I will save my opinion on going to them with an open minded woman for another forum. Maybe one like Penthouse letters. Oh yeah one more thing, saying things like WHOOOOORE YAH!! is a little counter productive and a little of an immature and archaic attitude. I suggest you buy a copy of "How to Win Friends and Influence People". You never know it may work, well, at least until you shout out "***** Yeah" anyway.

Alright now, lets all try not to take this too seriously.

Cheers.

Now, now guys, don't go hating on him just because he loves the nude bars. I'm a fan also, even though I haven't visited them often. I could probably count the times on my two hands...

I've never been 'horned up' when I left and went home. I just enjoy the atmosphere... and the scenery  ;D

As for going home with men... I don't exactly think he can bring any girls back to his room... he's only making the best of the situation.

As for beer... God yes. Beer is a necessity. I love it. There will be no moment like the time when I crack open a cold one after weeks of BMQ training. It will be a time to remember. Nothing better than drinking a cold beer with the guys.

Personally I really could not care any less if he goes to peeler bars. Hey, its his money after all. I think his W*ore Comment was probably what did him in. Remeber this is a public forum after all isn't it?

I have no problem with what people do in their freetime but I do have to say this...

Calling a woman a whore is innappropriate, whether private or public forum.  What type of person still hold that mentality? Hey... It's not the greatest job in the world, but it's legal and it's a job and it's an income...

The only people who would call any woman a whore for having a certain type of occupation? Not the kind of man I want serving my country...

It's the onld theory of "She asked for it" and it makes me nauseous, and by the way? It's not just me... My husband agrees, so lets not call the man hater here!!

Cheers and here's to no more innappropriate comments!

Let me first say that I'm sorry for the "Whooore Yah" comment. Although I thought it was quite funny and suited the topic well, it was unnecessary and uncalled for. So I'll be a man and say I'm sorry.

As for you Gramps, what makes you think the only way I can get close to a woman is by going to a titty bar? I hope you're not getting the impression that I spend all my time in strip clubs because that's not the case. Like Fry said I enjoy the atmosphere and the scenery, hah. As for you thinking I need therapy, I can assure you that I have no problem speaking to women. And who else would I go to the bar with besides a group of guys? By myself? With a girl? I was under the impression that peeler bars were designed for the boys to spend a night in. Cheers.  :salute:

:cdn:

I agree that prehaps shouting whore in a forum isn't totally appropriate, however it isn't profanity.

whore    ( P )  Pronunciation Key  (hôr, hr)
n.
A prostitute.
A person considered sexually promiscuous.
A person considered as having compromised principles for personal gain

Also, I've heard this mentioned on many television shows that do not have viewer discretion warnings, aired during the day.

Prehaps for arguements sake it should be censored, but I don't think you all should make such a big deal out of it.

The only people who would call any woman a ***** for having a certain type of occupation? Not the kind of man I want serving my country...

As the above definition states, the word he used perfectly and legititmately described the occupation, so he was only being truthful. A little crude prehaps, but it is truthful.

Pat on the back for apologizing for the comment though.

I think it should be just dropped now. The arguements have been made, the comment analyzed.

While on the topic of weekends, does anyone know if Hapkido is offered on or near CFB Borden?

I guess you missed my line about not taking it too seriously. I was not flaming you, I don't think you need therapy. And I honestly don't care if you go to peeler bars. Much of my post was said in jest. Okay now really, lets try not to take me too seriously alright. Cheers.

Well, I think this thread has run its course, and should be closed before any more arguments, etc start up.

I am still wondering if anyone knows if Hapkido is offered near or on CFB Borden. If anyone knows, a response would be appreciated.

Nah I'm done. I guess senses of humour don't go to far here, haha. Now let's get back on topic. I hear that Borden has a golf course. Will us recruits be able to use this on our weekends off?

I have no idea what things recruits have access to on the base, but yea they have a pretty good golf course, but two of my friends went there while we were on our 3s, an the rental clubs they have are meant for short people/kids.

Fry, as for hapkido, as far as I know, there isn't anything like that on base, but I woulden't worry about trying to find a place that runs it an signing up for a program, or whatever, since you won't be able to goto it during the weeknights, an your weekends won't always be guarenteed.

I wasn't interested while attending BMQ. I was interested just incase I got placed in PAT there in the new year.

Why would you be in PAT Plt? Unless you get injured during your BMQ, you won't do any time in PAT. Your do BMQ, than get shipped to Gagetown? To do your SQ and Air Defence QL3.

I thought I read somewhere here that there's a backlog of recruits and that many will go through at least some time in PAT while waiting for a position in SQ.

Did it say that you would be in PAT Plt in Borden though? I'm pretty sure you'd goto Gagetown an be in PAT there. My brother did his BMQ in St Jean, than went straight to PAT Plt in Wainwright to wait for SQ.

One of the things I remeber about barrie is the snow and all the places to going skiing.  I did mostly cross country, but theres are at least one or two downhill mountains.  If by some mircale we get leave before it gets to cold an snow some of the cross country place do mounain biking in the off season,  but I have no idea when they'll stop biking there.

And on another note I have been wondering where we'll do our SQ,  so it's Gagetown and Wainwright?  thats good to know, and are those the only 2?

As far as I know, SQ is run in Wainwright, Shilo, Meaford, Valcartier and Gagetown.  Since your going RCR, your most likely do it in Meaford, same for BIQ.

Most likely if you are going into the RCR in Ont your hitting Meaford (ahh meaford).  Borden is packed with Pat Pl pers and they are being shuffled all over Canada to get their training. Good luck for those who are in hard pack tech trades that might have to wait a few years to get into.

Cheers

I don't know where I'm going! I'm going for AD Arty. Anyone know where I'll be heading?

Back