• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Lawyers Allegedly Behaving Badly

That's what they get for hiring someone with a hyphenated name.

Can't believe this didn't go to the police or even a civil claim.

🤷‍♂️

That's what they get for hiring someone with a hyphenated name.

Can't believe this didn't go to the police or even a civil claim.

🤷‍♂️
My impression is that many organizations are embarrassed and want the bad news to go away; criminal proceedings would keep their name in the news.

My impression is that many organizations are embarrassed and want the bad news to go away; criminal proceedings would keep their name in the news.
And considering that he's fled to the UK they probably figured that they can't get blood from a stone. The crown is probably not too interested in pursuing him either... But... half a million bucks. You'd think someone would go over there just to kick him in the gonads.

It's my old alma mater. The dean we had, and the guy after, were all pretty upright guys.

🍻

And considering that he's fled to the UK they probably figured that they can't get blood from a stone. The crown is probably not too interested in pursuing him either... But... half a million bucks. You'd think someone would go over there just to kick him in the gonads.

It's my old alma mater. The dean we had, and the guy after, were all pretty upright guys.

🍻
I got a question completely unrelated to this .
You wouldn't have been there in 86' ? And we're you a member of the Mature Students Association?

I got a question completely unrelated to this .
You wouldn't have been there in 86' ? And we're you a member of the Mature Students Association?
Nope - 81-84. I originally applied and was accepted as a mature student as I was working on my last three pre-law credit hours that spring. I finished that in May and they shifted my position to the standard academic side to make room for another mature student.

That said, at 32 years of age I was definitely one of the older students by about a decade. We didn't have an official association but we older students definitely hung out together. :giggle:

🍻

Fire an articling student, lose twice in court (with damages increasing each time), then finally admit to the profession that yes, you're a bit of a jerk.

Yes, he may be a bit of a jerk, but on reading the consent agreement (and the links below), I got the impression that there were three jerks all equally culpable.

Oof. Doroshenko isn’t exactly a shitty lawyer within his area of expertise; he built up a firm around impaired driving, and took BC’s administrative prohibitions to the Supreme Court. He lost, but he and his team are generally pretty capable. I’m surprised he screwed this one up so badly.

Frankly, the trust account mismanagement concerns me more.

On the plus side, apparently losing your licence temporarily for that misconduct, and getting censured again over an imbroglio with an articling student is no reason to lose your KC designation.

It's apparently bad form to allegedly take advantage of your neighbour's dementia, low-ball them on buying their home, then destroy and withhold documents from the Bar when they launch an investigation.

Wwwwwow. What a piece of shit.

Not only a crook, a rather bad one at that. If your going to try and dump evidence, don't do it in front of the regulator (or cops).

Not only a crook, a rather bad one at that. If your going to try and dump evidence, don't do it in front of the regulator (or cops).
You're not a lawyer! You can't tell them how to pull their alleged scams!

Sir Rudi's about to get de-knighted...

Rudy Giuliani has been a knight for more than 20 years. He might not be one for much longer.​

• Rudy Giuliani is a knight. Yes, really.
  • He could lose his knighthood following his push to overturn the 2020 election, insiders told The Daily Beast.
  • A prison sentence or losing his law license could also qualify him for knighthood forfeiture.

Sir Rudi's about to get de-knighted...

Rudy Giuliani has been a knight for more than 20 years. He might not be one for much longer.​

• Rudy Giuliani is a knight. Yes, really.
  • He could lose his knighthood following his push to overturn the 2020 election, insiders told The Daily Beast.
  • A prison sentence or losing his law license could also qualify him for knighthood forfeiture.

OK, but hear me out. He brings his sword to his bankruptcy hearing.

Back