• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

LAV III Roll-Over, 02 Mar 06, 6 Injuried and 2 Dead

2023 and combat medic thanks for the updates these thing don't seem quite real till you see a family members name in print

My thoughts and prayers are with the families of the fallen and injured at this time. I hope that everyone can come together and stay strong. I am sure many of us have loved ones and friends over there, and we all just need to take care of eachother.

Its definitely a sad day for Canada and even more so here in Shilo. Knowing the soldiers involved really hits close to home.
Thoughts and prayers...

bigwig said:
Its definitely a sad day for Canada and even more so here in Shilo. Knowing the soldiers involved really hits close to home.
Thoughts and prayers...
BIGWIG: Please pass on condolences.  Truly a sad day.  Accidents happen, and it sucks when they do, but even more so when the ones involved are on active duty.  Pardon my language, but pretty crappy thing to happen.

His wife will be looked after with as much or as little military prescence she wants.  Her friends are there as we speak.

My thought and prayers are with the families and injured right now.  Being a former 2 VP member who recently moved on I personnely know four of the soldiers including Cpl. Davis, R.I.P. Tim is a very close family friend as well.  These are trying times for all and I wish a safe return and speedy recovery to all the boys.  Stay safe.

CFL said:
His wife will be looked after with as much or as little military prescence she wants.  Her friends are there as we speak.
That's very good to hear.  A bit of "sorta" good news on an otherwise crappy day.

Cpl Paul J. Davis  -  BCoy Crew Commander
19 Dec 1977 - 2 March 2006

BIGWIG - please let us know if there is anything we can do (however limited it may be by distance...) and keep us up to date on the rest of injured 

muffin

muffin said:
Cpl Paul J. Davis  -  BCoy Crew Commander
19 Dec 1977 - 2 March 2006
Muffin
Did you know him?  If so, please accept my condolences.

Hauptmann

Muffin and others heard that they were going to try to start a college fund for Paul's children. When I hear more will let you know.

military granny said:
Muffin and others heard that they were going to try to start a college fund for Paul's children. When I hear more will let you know.
EXCELLENT news.  Hopefully, at least, some good will come of this.  *sigh*.  Always so difficult to find what to say on a day like this.

My deepest condolences to those families touched by this tragedy. My thoughts and prayers are with them.

:salute: :cdn:

military granny said:

When you get the information on that I would be very interested, it is better to be able to something practical.  A good whip round here on the site should be able to help his family.  Maybe Mike or one of the Mods would be willing to set up an account or a fund that we could contribute to for his family?  Then the money collected could be sent to the college fund or his wife.  Just an idea.  Any thoughts or comments?

160_paul_davis_060302.jpg

RIP

Regards

BBJ,I think that is a wonderful idea. If someone sets something up let me know where to donate.

big bad john said:
When you get the information on that I would be very interested, it is better to be able to something practical.  A good whip round here on the site should be able to help his family.  Maybe Mike or one of the Mods would be willing to set up an account or a fund that we could contribute to for his family?  Then the money collected could be sent to the college fund or his wife.  Just an idea.  Any thoughts or comments?

I love the idea.

Please don't take this the wrong way, I have the up most respect and sympathy for the family's effected.

How can we just give money to this one family? there will be more people hurt and killed in the future, what do we do then?

I just don't know the best way to help but I don't know if this is it...

Sorry for being the devils advocate here.

My deepest condolences to the family and friends touched by this tragedy.

And to the injured stay strong boys and get well soon god speed....

Back