• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

land warrior, Felin, Fist, etc

Kal

Inactive
Reaction score
This question goes out to anyone with direct or indirect experience or while speaking with the operators of any these future combat systems.  How does the system hold up and what are the unforeseen problems with the system.  Seems like a system or at least some of the sub-systems with a decent future...

A lot of them try to do too much - and are still WAY to large and clunky.   This was down in Ft Benning circa 2002

The off axial aimer
DownloadAttach.asp

DownloadAttach.asp

DownloadAttach.asp

DownloadAttach.asp

DownloadAttach.asp

DownloadAttach.asp

DownloadAttach.asp

DownloadAttach.asp

What about adopting part of the system?  The video aiming device would seem to be the best option.  The army already has the PRR for inter section comms, and it developing it's own GPS and squad positioning systems.  What about just adopting the video/thermal site when the technology is viable?  I remember the army wanting to develop their own helmet mounted display........

I dont really know how this is working out.

I know I have Kevin's pretty little picture on what I want - but I am far removed from the decision making process.

Soldier Sytems is intwined with the US LandWarrior /FUTURE Warrior system - where exactly the STANO project and other projects (SARPII etc.) fit in I dont really know.

There are others on this site (hint) that are integral to this and could expound more than I on this.

Right now I see no advanatges in ANY of the setup we saw over what we could COTS/MOTS purchase - or already have.  The setups are too bulk and needlessly encumber the solider for little (if any, in some situations) gain.

I'd rather see each and every Cbt arms soldier armed with:

compass and map

Garmin GPS (I like the E-TREX Legend)

C8SFW (perferable my C7A3 proposal)
w/ ITPAL (Integrated Target Pointer Aiming Laser (- vis, ir, ir flood), CCO (EOTECH 552),GPCO (ACOG TA31), BIS (KAC or Troy flip irons)

Pistol

Upgraded PRR (the headset less flimsy)

Bah, I hate the future. We're turning into walking computers. I don't want to look like 300 pounds of disco fever.

KevinB said:
I'd rather see each and every Cbt arms soldier armed with:

compass and map

Garmin GPS (I like the E-TREX Legend)

C8SFW (perferable my C7A3 proposal)
w/ ITPAL (Integrated Target Pointer Aiming Laser (- vis, ir, ir flood), CCO (EOTECH 552),GPCO (ACOG TA31), BIS (KAC or Troy flip irons)

Pistol

Upgraded PRR (the headset less flimsy)

No NVGs?

Yeah yeah yeah - its in my other thread... ;D

Back