• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Lake Superior Scottish Regiment in Minnesota

tomahawk6

Army.ca Legend
Inactive
Reaction score
Some nice images of the LSSR at Camp Ripley,Minnesota.

w9e8.jpg

The Lake Superior Scottish Infantry Regiment, a part of the Canadian 38th Brigade, journeyed six hours from Thunder Bay, Ontario, to conduct personal and crew-served weapons qualification at Camp Ripley, Oct. 11-13, 2013. (U.S. Army National Guard photo by Staff Sgt. Anthony Housey)

onjy.jpg

fxtx.jpg

53ro.jpg

- mod edit to clarify title -

Nice to see the U.S. public affairs folks are good with the sharing - thanks for posting (they're my alma mater).

A bit more about the visit from the Minnesota National Guard info-machine here.

An example of a great and long-standing training relationship. I was with 38 CBG 2002-2005. During that time we enjoyed a very close and productive relationship with the USARNG, especially with 34 ID and the "Wolfhounds" from Minnesota.

We went down on training activities with them, and they came up with us.

At the the height of the supposed "anti-Canada" feelings in the US over Canada not going to join OIF, the Comd and I were guests at the annual MNARNG Infantry Dinner in Bemidji. We were made to feel completely welcome. Our national anthem was played, and the Cdn flag was marched in side by side with the Stars and Stripes. We were treated as comrades throughout the evening, even well after the booze was flowing, and one might have thought that the "pokey-chest" would start. A great evening.

Looks like this relationship still exists.

Always treated well when we were invited to the Marine Birthday Ball in Minneapolis, too.

What's interesting is that, adm/paperwork for cross-border training notwithstanding, you get more training time from driving from T.Bay to Ripley than you do driving to/from Winnipeg.

Back