• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Ladies

scaddie

Inactive
Reaction score
Okay, this is my second year working as a civi for the CF, and I've finally decided that life would be greener on the other side if I were to join. If everything goes well I'll start my basic training in October. Anyway, I've heard so many rumours about girls in the reserves, and that they're sometimes treated differently. From what I've seen, the female to male ratio is like 1:25; this doesn't worry me one bit. Although I am curious to hear what it's like being a woman in the army.

From a reservists point of view, I have never been treated differently.  It might be a little different if I was a NCM or still in a combat arms unit.

What kinda civvi job do you have working with the CF at the age of 17?

Well I found when I use to be a woman I got treated very well. Now that Im a man...its pretty much the same thing..... :eek:

lol...change ur sex

females treat differently in CF? for example?

For example the CF Express test (physical fitness test), Females have a different standard than Males. >:D

Ropetech, I certainly hope the CF paid for that change!  I'd hate to see my tax dollars being wasted!

Tracker said:
For example the CF Express test (physical fitness test), Females have a different standard than Males. >:D

I heard somewhere that its equivlent to the male one though, they use the same amount of energy,etc as men do.

Ropetech, um.. interesting.. well, glad to know that our navy is filled with err... interesting people.

Females in the Regular Force also get a bigger clothing upkeep allowance than males. ;)

So if the physical requirements are less for females entering...everything changes and becomes the same once you begin training, right?

When I did my basic, all the females did the same PT as the guys

Excellent...that's all I need to know, thanks. I just hope I don't get raped.

I think alot of it would depend on your trade. Despite what certain politically correct people would want to tell you, there are certain jobs where you would have to be ready to prove your worth on a regular basis. That kind of life would appeal to some people, but not to others. But that is just "certain" jobs. In other trades, the female stereotype can be a bonus. Alot of guys feel more comfortable with female Medics, for example.

I'd like to say that there is total equality in the CF, but there's not. That could be a good thing, or a bad thing. It all depends on your job, and how well you do it. Know what you're getting into, and listen to the women on these boards. Hell knows they know what its like better them I do. :p

As enlightened as we try to perceive ourselves as part of a civilized nation, men and women continue to be treated differently. While the CF has an egalitarian view on gender integration, there are still a lot of people out there who have a different opinion. While I sincerely hope you don't encounter some of the "old boys" that are still around in the CF (and they are there, but most are lying pretty low these days), rest assured that any sexual misconduct, harrassment or assault is dealt with VERY severely. The CF takes it very seriously, and is very heavy handed when it comes to dealing with those types.

"I just hope I don't get raped" What on earth would make you say something like that?

There have been many stories where girls have been bamboozled by guys, but I believe they are only stories.

Scaddie said:
There have been many stories where girls have been bamboozled by guys, but I believe they are only stories.

I think you watch too many movies...........

Back