• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

L.A. Weight Loss Centres Close in Atlantic Canada

Celticgirl

Inactive
Reaction score
L.A. Weight Loss is going out of business. What will people do now to lose weight? Eat right and exercise? No, no...that will never catch on. Too sensible and not nearly quick enough. Another expensive pipe-dream weight loss plan will come along soon, I'm sure.  >:D

L.A. Weight Loss Closes Doors

Funny, I had always thought that weight loss centres would never go bankrupt. Dieting seems to be the latest trend in North America. Of course, they would probably lose all the weight if they just got off the couch  ::)

Perhaps all the packaging of high price dietary foods lead to their problems.  Like the Air Force buying $35K hammers, how do you feel buying a $10 pea?

Franchise owner David Shneer told CBC News Tuesday that things have been tough for a while, but the ongoing global economic crisis has made it impossible to stay in business.

He added that many consumers do not think weight loss is a necessity when times are tough.

Yep, in these tough economic times, the grocery bill will get too high and people will diet by necessity!  ;)

On a serious note, I have never thought much of these places that make you buy their food.  Places, such as Curves, that encourage people to change their lifestyle and create an exercise plan are much better.

PMedMoe said:
Yep, in these tough economic times, the grocery bill will get too high and people will diet by necessity!  ;)

On a serious note, I have never thought much of these places that make you buy their food.  Places, such as Curves, that encourage people to change their lifestyle and create an exercise plan are much better.

Yeah, I used to babysit for a woman who was on Jenny Craig and she had to buy hundreds of dollars worth of their special food every month. I tried some of it and it tasted like crap.  :-X She never seemed to get much smaller, either.

Weight Watchers is the one program that always seemed very sensible to me. I've never been a part of WW or any of the other plans out there, though. I've always been pretty good at kicking my own butt when I needed to get back into shape, so thankfully, the only money I spent was on gym memberships and good sneakers.  :p

I went through Herbal Magic.  Don't know if the supplements helped at all, but their meal planning guides were great and the meal replacements were handy when I was in a rush or travelling.  I lost 25 lbs, went down to a size 8 from a 14 (yes, that 25lbs was alot on me) and have kept it off for a year now.

Seems the people with the best results are the ones who learn how to eat as opposed to those who are given the food to them.

Back