• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Knife and uniform

Status
Not open for further replies.

OCdt.Goulet

Inactive
Reaction score
I'd like to know if I'm allowed to have a swiss knife on my belt, with the combat dress.

I've checked in my local orders and it doesn't seems to be specified.... I also checked a bit on the Internet and found nothing about it.

The longest blade is like 2 inches an ½ long and it's basicly just a tool.

If someone knows about it, I'd also like to know the reference of the rule that says weater or not we are allowed to.

Thanks a lot!

Ask your instructor...

most of us have been issued multi-tools so I can't see why a swiss army knife would be bad.

But to be on the safe side ask within your chain of command. Hearing an "OK yes you can do it" from someone on a somewhat anonymous WEBLOG will not stand up as an excuse as to why you are different from your mates.

Because you are in the military, obviously you are allowed to carry a knife.

If your on course, ask your chain of command. If your not on course, go ahead and wear it. That's the simple answer.

Because you are in the military, obviously you are allowed to carry a knife. 

Because the question is totally out of character, sounded like somthing a newly minted CIC Officer would ask straight out of Cadets and i am not blazing the Cadets/CIC, check my profile! I thought you guys were issued leathermans or gerbers etc. ?

cheers

PV

I think everything has been answered here. If you have anything else substantial to add, PM me, I'll reopen it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back