• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Knee Braces

Roy Harding said:
Now merged.  Thanks for finding that, Moe.

No problem.  Good memory apparently, despite all the booze.  ;)

PMedMoe said:
No problem.  Good memory apparently, despite all the booze.  ;)

I always thought it was because of the booze.  ;D

PuckChaser said:
You'll need to do your enrollment medical before you'll get a definite answer. The Med O can allow you to wear the brace, or you may be required to wait until your ACL has healed more before joining the Forces. Have a look around this forum: http://forums.army.ca/forums/index.php/board,72.0.html and you will find out everything you've wanted to know about enrollment medicals and more.

Keep in mind there is a lot of high impact running for PT, so your ACL may not be able to take the strain. Let the pro's guide you in the right direction.

I'm currently undergoing almost exactly the same situation as him, but my surgeon said I would need a PCL support brace for a limited amount of certain activities since the PCL is still somewhat loose. However, I was told by the CF physician at my recruiting center (CFRC Calgary) that the Recruitment Medical Office will not allow me to enter the Forces with any type of knee brace whatsoever. Can anyone give me a definitive answer to this question?

mdejik said:
I'm currently undergoing almost exactly the same situation as him, but my surgeon said I would need a PCL support brace for a limited amount of certain activities since the PCL is still somewhat loose. However, I was told by the CF physician at my recruiting center (CFRC Calgary) that the Recruitment Medical Office will not allow me to enter the Forces with any type of knee brace whatsoever. Can anyone give me a definitive answer to this question?

As Rider Pride stated, you got your answer. Universality of Service is a cold mistress, but sometimes it will prevent you from hurting yourself. If you were already in, a PCL Brace might be ok for a while, because the Army already spent money on training. Recruitment medicals are designed to help prevent those with pre-existing injuries that might flare up in something extreme like combat.

Hello I'm planning to join the forces after I graduate high school but I injured my knee and had to get surgery to repair it. Am I still eligible to be in the combat arms?

Hello everyone! I'm 17 (almost 18) and I plan on joining the combat arms right after graduation. Its been my dream since I was a little kid to serve in the military. I have Aspergers, which simply means I'm not as social as everyone would like me to be. I don't even understand why its a big deal, as a kid I did weird stuff yes but.. As I've grown up, I have really matured and made lots of friends and have been "social" at the best of my abilities. So my question is, will my disorder prevent me from joining the combat arms? I'm truly crossing my fingers that it won't hurt my chances.

No one here can answer those questions.........only by applying and going through the medical testing will you know.
Good luck.

Like Bruce said.

In addition, you can read some of the Asperger:
https://www.google.ca/?gfe_rd=cr&ei=GbZoVZTpLuWM8QejkICICA&gws_rd=ssl#q=site:army.ca+Asperger

and knee discussions:
https://www.google.ca/?gfe_rd=cr&ei=GbZoVZTpLuWM8QejkICICA&gws_rd=ssl#q=site:army.ca+knee

Can't help with the Asperger's part, but on the knee surgery I can sorta help. I had a shoulder injury which required surgery. When it comes time for you medical, you will need to disclose your injury, and provide the Med Tech conducting the interview with paper work. I had to give them a copy of the surgical report, a letter from my physio stating what my recovery was, and a letter from my family doctor basically stating that the injury would not cause problems in the future. Seeing how you haven't applied yet it's really not an issue, and shouldn't prove to be one down the road, so long as you are prepared.

Hey all, I have an old sports injury from years back, it doesn't affect my performance but I wear a sports knee brace. would this affect my standing in the recruitment process?. I've been training hard and it dawned on me the other day that it could be an issue! Any info would be awesome!

oplifechanger said:
I wear a sports knee brace. would this affect my standing in the recruitment process

See also,

Knee brace
https://www.google.ca/search?rls=com.microsoft%3Aen-CA%3AIE-Address&rlz=1I7GGHP_en-GBCA592&dcr=0&ei=UkMKWviABpSzjwTq0I3QCw&q=site%3Aarmy.ca+%22knee+brace%22&oq=site%3Aarmy.ca+%22knee+brace%22&gs_l=psy-ab.12...0.0.0.65827.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0..0.0....0...1..64.psy-ab..0.0.0....0.BZzo5QEaKnE

Back