• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Kit Exchange

muskrat89

Staff member
Directing Staff
Inactive
Reaction score
A hypothetical question for some of the older guys - maybe Jungle, Infanteer... you‘ll know who you are.. ;) Remember - hypothetical - I have this friend - he got out in 96 or so. He lives near me, see. Has an old set of combats, and an old style pair of combat boots. Do you think there are any guys on the board that are in good with their QM buds that could, say - exchange said items for some newer stuff? Hypothetically. If so, you could e-mail me directly, and if I was ever in a situation where I really had such a friend, I could pass your info along to him :D On a separate but related note - how could someone say, living in Arizona, get their hands on a CadPat boonie hat? I suppose they‘re still new in the system - are there any civvie knock-offs yet? Just curious......

How the **** did I end up being one of the "older guys?!?" As a sub-25 year old, I can say I don‘t have anything similar to the creds Jungle does. However, I can shed a bit of light on your hypothetical question. I do know that CADPAT boonie hats are listed in the system at 85.00 bucks, and the bin-rats were really possesive with those things. As for a combat trade, I don‘t think it would be real difficult IF,
A) the sizes are similar
B) the trader still has OD Green combats. A QM would be curious if a troop showed up with extra combats after already trading three for three for CADPAT.

LOL - Sorry Infanteer! Take it as a compliment. You carry yourself like someone who‘s been around awhile. See? Even seasoned web guys like me can‘t make assumptions on these boards... :eek:

for a knock off CADPAT boonie, try ebay

I got one, their not bad, pretty close, cept they got like a light brown/tan color instead of the lime green

it‘s like a cross of the CADPAT and MARPAT

they might have a CADPAT boonie, a real one up on ebay, not sure, I saw a set of CADPAT combats on sale on ebay before

here‘s a PIC i took awhile ago, comparing my CADPAT helmet cover, to the knockoff boonie hat

Im000308.jpg

http://www.boomspeed.com/dna_/Im000308.jpg

Hey Muskrat... checked into this with a sup-tech friend of mine. It‘s getting very hard to do stuff like this now, with the supply system and pers supply docs being "virtual". Plus it is (legally) impossible to trade green cbts for CADPATS after you have been "CADPATED". Everybody in the food chain knows most of the guys owned 5-6 sets of green cbts...

Jungle - Thanks, I figured as much. I appreciate you checking into it. Of course, I was speaking hypothetically, anyway ;)

Back